Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2008 Silverado Z71

Search this Thread

Old November 23rd, 2018, 5:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Silverado Z71

I have a 2008 Silverado Z71 that I bought in 2013. When I switch to 4x4 auto or 4 high (haven't tried 4 low because of issue), the light switches on the 4x4 dial but the 4x4 icon does not light up on the dash. I can feel the 4x4 kick in because I can feel a little more torque in my driving, but when I slowed down to make a turn into my driveway, my wheels locked up and I had to gun the accelerator to make the turn while the tires screeched. I immediately took it out of 4x4 and the driving seemed to go back to normal. What could be causing this, and could it be something I could fix myself? Thanks!
Old November 24th, 2018, 1:13 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Silverado
I have a 2008 Silverado Z71 that I bought in 2013. When I switch to 4x4 auto or 4 high (haven't tried 4 low because of issue), the light switches on the 4x4 dial but the 4x4 icon does not light up on the dash. I can feel the 4x4 kick in because I can feel a little more torque in my driving, but when I slowed down to make a turn into my driveway, my wheels locked up and I had to gun the accelerator to make the turn while the tires screeched. I immediately took it out of 4x4 and the driving seemed to go back to normal. What could be causing this, and could it be something I could fix myself? Thanks!
Take it out of 4WD. The days of locking hubs in LONG GONE. No one wanted to get out to lock them (pussies) so they are GONE. Bet ya'want a manual four wheel drive
stick like I have on my old 1998 K-1500, My selector floor lights gave out for a few months, but they came back cuase I wasnt going to fix them. hehehehhhe!