Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2009 door lock/control light issues

Search this Thread

Old March 5th, 2014, 9:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 door lock/control light issues

I have a 2009 with power locks and windows. the right door lock actuator went out on warr and now the left is not working (out of warr) I have the door panel off and have tried to make sure that I am getting power to the plug with no luck.
Also the lights on all my power controls are not working (both passenger and drivers door) A tech told me the lights for the controls work off of the headlight and master power window switch. I was willing to replace the power window switch, but now the dealer told me it has to be programed. The power windows still work. CAN ANYONE HELP ME??????? Its driving me crazy. I like the truck and it only has 19000 miles on it, plus my 6 yr old has claimed it since I got it. Its his truck!!!!
Old March 5th, 2014, 1:06 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the dealer is just trying to get extra money out of you for the so call reprograming. since i replaced my driver door window/locks switch, i didnt need any reprograming at all, everything works even my remote . but i also end up replacing the headlight switch as well. cause the problem i had with it is that while driving at night. hitting a bump the dash lights would go dimm or bright or off. and all i did was press on either side of the dimmer switch. and the dash/headlights would go funky on me. autozone has it the cheapest. just wish the door switch was available at autozone.

but since i got this 04 silverado LS july 2013 it has been a electrical nightmare!! wish i never got it now and just kept and rebuilt the motor in the 96 cheby 1/2ton i had.
Old March 5th, 2014, 9:43 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi silverbill,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having these concerns with your truck. If you would like for me to look further into this, please send a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership. We're looking forward to your reply!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 17th, 2014, 9:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know how to PM you. I did purchase a new door lock assembly and put it in. solved the locking issues but still no lights. I was told by a tech its either the power window switch or head light switch.
Old March 18th, 2014, 3:35 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had to replace the head light switch since mine was doing that as well. lights go on and off and dimm by them self. found that the roller switch for the dimming was the cause autozone has it cheaper then the dealer
Old March 19th, 2014, 9:47 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi Silverbill,

I am glad to hear that you have solved the locking problem with your truck. Please feel free to send an email to socialmedia@gm.com and I will look further into your lighting concern. Again, please include your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership in the email. Also please put ATTN: Kristen in the subject line. Thank you.

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care