Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Door locks cycling while driving

Search this Thread

Old January 14th, 2012, 9:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door locks cycling while driving

(First post)

I was driving down the road to drop a couch off at the thrift store when... all of a sudden... my automatic doorlocks started locking and unlocking rapidly. It showed up on the instrument panel as well. This was the first time it had ever done anything like that, and I drove a lot today. It didn't do it after that incident.

Has anyone experienced this problem? I don't think it's serious. I would probably guess some sort of hicup but you never know...

2009 Silverado LT 1500 electrical problem

Last edited by mountainmanjoe; February 18th, 2024 at 8:10 AM.
Old January 15th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> jamesethon,

I am sorry to hear of your problem with your vehicle. I have searched my resources and am showing no known electrical issues on 2009 Silverado vehicles. If you continue to have this problem, I encourage you to take the vehicle in for an inspection. A certified technician should be able to offer a diagnosis. Is your vehicle still under warranty?

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 15th, 2012, 5:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It sounds like the lockout protection kicked in. It's usually caused by faulty door latch assembly in which the door ajar switch intermittently shorts out. The BCM then senses a door being open with the key in ignition and unlocks the driver's door. When the short passes just enough current at the threshold, the locks will cycle continuously. If the windows were tinted, chances are better than good that the solution they used in the process leaked into the latch assembly. As for which door, the DIC should have displayed which door was "open."
Old January 17th, 2012, 7:28 PM
CF Beginner

Search for electrical problems and you will find quite a bit of information on this topic. My 07 did something similar and it turned out to be the remote door lock receiver was shorting out. Others had problems with the battery cables. Finding the cause can be quite fun, good luck
Old September 3rd, 2012, 11:44 AM
CF Beginner

I also have a 2009 1500 Silverado. Recently while driving down the road, all the doors began locking and unlocking no stop. The radio lost sound off and on and the AC quit working. The speedomoter and tech were bouncing up and down also. As I pulled over, I noticed the clicking sounds from the turn signals were also not working. I shut it off for a couple mins and then started it back up. The radio did not seem to have any sound, CD, aux, etc. The AC/Heat had was not working. None of the buttons. I drove it to a gas station and popped the hood and made sure the battery cable was tight and checked fuses. All seemed good. After that I started it back up and everything seemed to be working fine.
One time since then, when I first started the truck, the radio and turn signals had no sound, and after shuting it off and re-starting it, it began to work properly again.
Old September 7th, 2012, 8:21 AM
Official GM Rep

Prdgnonr,
We're sorry to hear about this intermittent electrical concern you're having with your Silverado. Do you think you'll be visiting your local service center to have this checked into? If you would like for us to check into any warranty information on your vehicle, we're happy to do so; please provide the last 8 digits of your VIN.

Sarah (Assisting Louis), Chevrolet Customer Service
Old September 7th, 2012, 8:40 AM
CF Beginner

Well, its got almost 38,000 miles, so I figured the bumper to bumper was up on it. And I figured unless its actually doing it at the time, they won't be able to troubleshoot it much. By the way, this morning when leaving for work, when I started it, the stereo had no sound and no clicking noises from the turn signals. After letting it set for about 5 mins, it started working again. Almost sounded like I heard a relay under the hood click right when it started working.
Old September 11th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by Prdgnonr
Well, its got almost 38,000 miles, so I figured the bumper to bumper was up on it. And I figured unless its actually doing it at the time, they won't be able to troubleshoot it much. By the way, this morning when leaving for work, when I started it, the stereo had no sound and no clicking noises from the turn signals. After letting it set for about 5 mins, it started working again. Almost sounded like I heard a relay under the hood click right when it started working.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Prdgnonr,

Yes, the bumper to bumper is up on the vehicle. However, the dealer may be able to pull codes set in the EBCM. I encourage you to have to vehicle inspected for an official diagnosis.

Please feel free to PM me if you have additional questions.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old October 23rd, 2012, 4:42 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Did you ever find out what was the problem? I bought an 09 1500 2 weeks ago and it's already been to the shop 3 times for these issues and they can't fix it. Any ideas what to tell them to look for?
Old October 24th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Tdaniel1141,

I would be happy to look into this issue further for you. In order to proceed, please PM me your full name, address, phone number, vehicle mileage, VIN and the name and city of your dealer.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Quick Reply: Door locks cycling while driving