Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Door locks cycling while driving

Old August 20th, 2014, 8:14 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been the same problem and after conducting research I found this thread. Apparently there is a faulty ground cable causing the symptoms. I plan to do this fix tomorrow and will update accordingly.

My Fix On My Silverado Electrical Problem - 1999-2006 & 2007-2013 Chevrolet Silverado & GMC Sierra 1500 - GM-Trucks.com
Old September 23rd, 2014, 3:34 PM
CF Beginner

Default Electrical Problem with chevy silverado 1500

I purchased a 2009 Chevy silverado in June 2014. About 2 months ago it started sending a Stabillitrak "error" message. WHILE DRIVING, this has escalated to the following:
  1. door locks cycle over and over
  2. stabillitrak error message
  3. radio turns off and on
  4. RPM's spike into red area - VERY DANGEROUS-
  5. Gauges go crazy on dash
  6. hard to start after I pull over
I went to a mechanic and he pretty much told me to bring the truck back to the Chevy dealership, it has some serious electrical issues. Obviously, not very helpful. I searched the internet profusely and everyone has a different remedy. ( I have tried to check all of them) Anyone ever get this fixed? I searched for a recall and no such luck. But, I did send in a complaint to the U.S. DOT and they are looking into it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Old September 23rd, 2014, 4:05 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey aimeemark2006,

Our apologies for the trouble you've experienced with your truck. Although there are currently no recalls listed for your vehicle we can further investigate this issue on our end. If interested, please private message your VIN, mileage, and contact information to our page. We're here to help in any way possible.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 24th, 2014, 7:06 AM
CF Beginner

Hi, My 2009 Silverado was doing the exact same thing on a trip this summer. I took it to the dealer. They could not duplicate the problem, no error codes were in the log. However they did find a service bulletin for the speed control sensor and replaced that and cleaned my throttle body. It has not happen since but it did not happen for the first time after driving it for a year. I have my fingers crossed, it was very dangerous driving under those conditions.

Rick
Old October 21st, 2014, 10:11 AM
CF Beginner

We are also having the same issue with our 2009 Silverado 1500 truck. Our dealership, James Corlew Chevrolet, had us replace the BCM, alternator and the power door locks in hopes of correcting this problem. No luck. They have been unable to detect any errors after 2 diagnostic checks. We are now advised to check any aftermarket changes made to the truck, ie radio, headlights. Nothing has helped yet. Would love to hear if there are others that have had any success in correcting the problem.
Old October 29th, 2014, 9:40 AM
CF Beginner

Smile Electrical Problems

This is what I did and I have not had anymore issues since I did it. First I changed my positive battery cable to the biggest I could get from Auto Zone and then the major change is the mega fuse change it and I'm sure the problem will be fixed
Old October 29th, 2014, 9:40 AM
CF Beginner

Change your mega fuse and I bet this will fix the problem
Old November 7th, 2014, 1:15 AM
CF Beginner

Default Same problem

My truck has been doing the same thing as everyone else's in the fore mentioned posts. I have checked all connections and fuses along with having a code check ran and it always comes back clear. The only thing the dealership seems concerned with is me paying them $120 bucks to hook up their code checker. It seems like from all of the other posts I've seen from these GM folks and their generic answers is that they could give a s**t as well. What's it going to take for what is obviously a real issue to be addressed and taken seriously?
Old November 7th, 2014, 4:05 AM
CF Beginner

Update from my October post: We have finally had some success, fingers crossed that it's a long lasting fix. We've had the battery cables replaced with seemingly larger & more durable cables as well as a new battery. The old battery could actually be shifted by hand so you would assume it was happening when driving as well. The new one is larger, fits the space for it with no shifting. We've had none of the original problems since. Hope this helps someone out there with the frustrating problem!
Old November 7th, 2014, 6:52 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2009 1500

I was having the same problem and i found it to be the mega fuse on the fire wall. I changed it and had no problems since. I never went to dealership they dont seem to know what they are doing around my area.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Door locks cycling while driving