Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2010 Silverado problem....

Search this Thread

Old September 7th, 2011, 8:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTW Nautique9....hello fellow skiier! I have a Malibu and assume you a Nautique. I love Nautiques and Malibus. I almost went with the Nautique but the higher price tag steers me to Malibu. I'm on my second Malibu...this on bought new as an 2006 in 2005 and 500 hrs later no problems. Where are you from?
Old October 22nd, 2012, 1:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 silverado

I had my engine light go on. My buddy an auto shop teacher put the computer on it and it said that the #8 cylinder was not firing. I took it to the dealer and they said that it was a lifter and cam problem. I love GM trucks, had a 1989 GMC suburban and put 200,000 miles on it over 8 year period. My wife drives a GMC Yukon. Before that we had a chevy tahoe but the seats kept getting stolen and the last time they stole everything including the mirrors and computer.

I hope that I am not going to have problems down the road with this truck. Anybody else experience similar problems with the lifters?
Old October 24th, 2012, 8:02 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Jason Mason,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Silverado vehicle. Please keep us posted.

Feel free to contact me privately if you have any questions.

Louis
GM Customer Service