Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:28 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

2010 Silverado stabiliTrak question

Old July 12th, 2017, 7:26 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by recurve57
Similar problem is creating hazard.

I bought a new 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in January 2010. The truck currently has 78,224 miles on it. From the beginning there has a been a problem. At 19,873 miles the stabilitrak and reduced power lights came on and the trucks speed would drop to about 30 mph creating a dangerous driving situation. The same scenario happened at 37,643 miles, 57,522 miles, and 78,224 miles.
I took the truck back to the dealership each time and was told the problem was the accelerator pedal/sensor and they replaced the parts. The second time I took the truck back for the same problem, someone from GM contacted me after I raised questions and concerns in an online discussion group. To Chevy's credit, the woman who contacted me was able to extend the warranty.
This has been harrowing for me in the past on the interstate as I tried to cross traffic and exit at 30 mph. Since she works in town, my wife has been driving the truck and the same thing happened to her in June, 2017. She was turning left across morning work traffic on an uphill grade when the power reduced and she was creeping broadside to traffic coming over the hill on a state highway. Her words were, “Scared the bejeebers out of me.”
I am again told the problem is a sensor/accelerator pedal issue that makes the stabilitrack light come on and the truck go into reduced power mode. The pattern has been consistent, treat the symptoms but don’t fix the problem, which is a safety hazard. When the service rep told me it was the sensor in the accelerator pedal I was not surprised, same old tired song. The dealership has a clear record of the same part failing, my concern is what are they doing to find the cause of the failure. Replacing the part offers does not instill any confidence.
Justin, the “service” manager, called. I told him the problem had not been fixed and he said according to his records it had. I replied the symptoms had been treated again but the problem had not been fixed. His comment was the “fix” lasted 16 or 17 months so it was fixed. He misses the point, there is an underlying cause for the same part to continue failing and creating unsafe conditions when driving.
Not sure what you are asking for here. If the diagnostic pointed to a bad acceleration sensor then that should be replaced.
Perhaps the supply voltage variation caused the sensor to go bad more often than it should. Perhaps you have a short to the sensor and blowed it up. Many different things... but I would replace that sensor if I was you.
I had the exact error on my 2010 Escalade and I fixed it with the brake sensor
Old February 1st, 2021, 1:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simple fix for stabilitrak light, service traction control, and reduced power light

Check to make Sure your Break Sensor on your brake pedal column is set properly. If your brake sensor moves up and down on the column by itself it is not working properly. If it does not return to the center position by itself its not working properly. On my sensor the 1 screw holding the sensor came loose and the sensor was able to move without centering itself. This caused the brake light to remain on or remain off without the brake pedal being pressed down. This will cause your stabilitrak light and traction control light to come on. This will also will cause your cruise control to malfunction.