Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:14 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

2011 Silverado Vibration = Rough Ride.

Search this Thread

Old February 2nd, 2013, 12:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2011,4x4,ext cab,2500hd,8ft box with 55,000km no vibration at all since purchased new.Only problem I have is when parts have to changed eg,the 4x4 motor and a differential gear had to changed it took up to two weeks for the parts because GM don't keep available parts and they have to come from the companies that made them,it has something to do with GM's credit problem when they were on the verge of banckrupcy.Though after reading all your problems I definitely will be looking at other truck companies when I change my truck next year.GM has a problem with customer relations.Message to GM:FIX IT OR LOSE A CUSTOMER.maybe more more customers will be lost and jobs.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:44 AM
CF Beginner

@Texan and Exford: mine is Z71 with 5.3L. Tried what Mhanlen suggested too. No change. Chevy must have upped what 'in spec' meant - ie, we built crap into our vehicle so we better raise the level of 'crap' that our operating standards are based on so that we can tell the customer that it is, in fact, within spec (laymans terms - we build crap and will stand behind it 100%). Found a 2013 Ford Explorer (Exploder) as a replacement for my wife's 2003 Trailblazer. Going to do a lot of study this time. Chevy taught me an important lesson...or I guess maybe buy her a used Rickshaw. Find some Chevy Salesman or Service Manager to pull her around. Chevy Engineers should be totally embarrassed. They are building a new plant in KC. Attaboy, more crap.
Old February 4th, 2013, 12:04 PM
CF Beginner

2012 Silverado Ext Cab Z85 4X4

I have been trying to avoid driving my NEW truck much. However, due to transportation needs I had to drive it on a freeway for about 1.5 hours (each way) yesterday. It was pretty much the longest I have had to drive this truck since purchasing it in September of 2011.

I have to say that this is "hands down" the worse driving POS I have ever owned in my life-and I have owned some real doosies. GM should include driver and passenger kidney belts with these trucks. And, also warn occupents not to attempt to drink any hot beverages while the truck is in motion. Why would they even put cup holders in this SOB, its not like you can actually enjoy a beverage.

This truck is an embarassment to the US automotive industry. And, I would have to speculate that customer retention is going to be at a all time low.

F*ck me once-shame on you, F*ck me twice-shame on me. It won't happen again.
Old February 6th, 2013, 11:00 PM
CF Junior Member

I heard a interesting recording today of dealerships telling a customer that (1) Gm told them not to attempt any repairs for vibration on my old truck and it was normal and (2) another dealership telling him that GM knows there is a problem with SOME of these trucks and I quote. IT JUST IS WHAT IT IS ! and nothing can be done to repair it so dont attempt ANY repairs. I hope he decides to post it here so you can hear it also . I am happy to say that after twenty something years of working for a GM dealership and owning all GM products all those years, that another GM product will NEVER ever darken my driveway again . I now am a very happy owner of a new ford and a new toyota . Oh yea they both ride smoooth .
Old February 7th, 2013, 4:26 PM
CF Beginner

Default The Liars @ General Motors.......

<TABLE class="uiGrid _k3x" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class="vTop _z6o">

3:36pm

</TD><TD class="vTop _z6p">" ‎""To: the managers at General Motors, My name is Patrick Vacarella, I am the unfortunate owner of one of your 2011 3500 Ltz Duallys, after months of fighting with customer service and dealers and DDMA's you have left me no choice but to go to the news and Facebook and every other online diesel site I know of, My Chevy Silverado has a new name. Chevy Shakerado. I will be posting along with the $10,000.00 worth of work orders you have done to it already trying to fix a problem your ddma says is a normal operating condition and I will be posting two mp3s of two dealers that say you have told them not to work on it, that it is a harmonic frame flex vibration and you have no fix for it, you should be ashamed, I tried, you have left me no choice. Thankyou Gm, Henry VanHorsen and the DDMA involved. By the way, you know you are wrong and you can't control the rest of the net and news. alot more to follow . SHAME ON GM" Members at chevy forum once i get the files uploaded call the Better business Bureau Auto line and I will forward these mp3s to you to give the arbitrators.

"louis, GM do I have your Attention?

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Old February 9th, 2013, 2:38 AM
CF Beginner

Default The first of two mp3 links you need to hear.

"
I TOLD YOU MORE TO COME, HERE IS ONE OF SEVERAL MP3'S OF YOUR QUALITY SERVICE, WONDER IF THIS WILL GET YOUR ATTENTION, CLICK ON THE LINK TO HEAR GM AT YOUR SERVICE!!! WAIT TILL I POST THE NEXT ONE WHERE YOU ADMIT YOU HAVE A PROBLEM YOU CANT FIX.......

CLICK THE LINK: http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/<WBR>player_bar.swf?pid=qqqwhmfrlm&a<WBR>s=1"/>

AND THE COMMENT ABOUT THE 3 ENGINEERS AND EVERYONE ELSE SIGNED OFF THAT THE VIBE WAS FIXED IS A LIE, IT TAKES GM 2 WEEKS TO HAVE ONE "RENT A ENGINEER" GO TO A DEALER MUCH LESS 3 AT THE SAME TIME,

General Motors, My name is Patrick Vacarella, I am the unfortunate owner of one of your 2011 3500 Ltz Duallys with 20000 miles on it, after months of fighting with customer service and dealers and DDMA's you have left me no choice but to go to the news and Facebook and every other online diesel site I know of, My chevy silverado has a new name. Chevy Shakerado. I will be posting along with the $10,000.00 worth of work orders you have done to it already trying to fix a problem your ddma says is a normal operating condition and two mp3s of two dealers that say you have told them not to work on it, that it is a harmonic frame flex vibration, you should be ashamed, I tried, you have left me no choice. Thankyou Gm, Henry VanHorsen and Ron Isome, the DDMA's involved. By the way, go ahead and delete this, you know you are wrong and you cant control the rest of the net and news. alot more to follow elsewhere.

Last edited by VACARELLAB; February 9th, 2013 at 2:47 AM. Reason: STILL VENTING
Old February 10th, 2013, 7:09 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by spongjim5
I heard a interesting recording today of dealerships telling a customer that (1) Gm told them not to attempt any repairs for vibration on my old truck and it was normal and (2) another dealership telling him that GM knows there is a problem with SOME of these trucks and I quote. IT JUST IS WHAT IT IS ! and nothing can be done to repair it so dont attempt ANY repairs. I hope he decides to post it here so you can hear it also . I am happy to say that after twenty something years of working for a GM dealership and owning all GM products all those years, that another GM product will NEVER ever darken my driveway again . I now am a very happy owner of a new ford and a new toyota . Oh yea they both ride smoooth .
Sounds like you've experienced the same as many of us over the last two years. Mine has been to two dealers now and same story. It is within spec. Messed up and had a glass of water instead of a bottle of water yesterday. Still have a wet seat and carpet. This is an amazingly poorly built or engineered vehicle - the Z71 anyway. I have 9K on mine. Wife road with me on her first road trip last weekend. She is madder than a hornet but at least now understands my ranting for the last 7 months.
Old February 10th, 2013, 8:19 AM
CF Beginner

After my last post some folks asked that I point to the Service Bulletin that my dealer gave me on the vibration issue and some indicated that they can't find it - well the link is only accessible by GM personnel - I was given a paper copy of it - hopefully you can read the scanned images. The bulletin says that some drivers may experience a "slight" vibration - what an understatement!!! This bulletin is proof that GM engineered a problem and they have NO intention of fixing for us - we are stuck with this problem.
Attached Thumbnails 2011 Silverado Vibration = Rough Ride.-img004.jpg   2011 Silverado Vibration = Rough Ride.-img005.jpg  
Old February 10th, 2013, 12:01 PM
CF Beginner

this bullitian appears to be related to gas burning cars, and trucks only
Old February 28th, 2013, 5:01 PM
CF Beginner

Default This one will open some eyes, click on link

GM ADMITS FLAW.

General Motors Admits Flaw Sound Clip and Quote - Hark

Quick Reply: 2011 Silverado Vibration = Rough Ride.