Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:14 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

2011 Silverado Vibration = Rough Ride.

Old December 20th, 2011, 9:01 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> pearl,

As tsduke stated, you can contact me via private message (PM) or email, just click my screen name. Feel free to contact me any time.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 28th, 2011, 5:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This message is for MAC67 & WOODROW What did they find wrong with your truck or was it ever repaired. Are you still having having problems? My vibration is like having a low electrical charge running thru the gas pedal thru me and into my hand on the stearing wheel.

Last edited by pearl; December 28th, 2011 at 5:14 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 1:05 PM
CF Beginner

Pearl - Not yet but your description it dead on the money.
Old January 4th, 2012, 1:47 PM
CF Beginner

Default Brand new truck

It is sorry to say, but no one at Chevrolete cares they no they have a problem and arnt going to fix it. They show little concern for the customer and why should they, they have the 2012 to unload, uh sell, we paid all this money for these trucks and once you sign on the line you my friend are screwed, they tell me just bring it back and we will take a look at it. Just like that take off work, spend my money, use my gas, put miles on my new truck just to be told we will get back to you. I get a feeling when I finaly get tired of taking it back or there is 40,000 miles on it it may get fixed. I suggest every one get together and lets file a class action lawsuit. Hopefully this will jump start an American car company to do the right thing.
Old January 4th, 2012, 8:08 PM
CF Active Member

pearl, if you feel you aren't being helped, you need to get firm with the dealer. Talk to the service manager. Talk to the owner. Or try another dealer. When I've had service/warranty issues I give them a chance to fix it, but sometimes you have to start being a jerk if they don't take care of you.
Old January 25th, 2012, 3:41 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same issue here...vibration at 40 mph

Ah the power of the internet. Got a problem look online and wa-la! Others with the same issue. Obviously there is something seriously wrong with 2011 and 2012 Chevy trucks. My '11 Z71 (vin BZ432621) has had a vibration since day one in August 2011. Called the service dept, they said wait until it had 700 miles. Still had it at 800 so I took it in. I was told they had some problems with the delivery of some vehicles...that they were torqued down too tight on the hauler (they have since re-canted that story). They balanced the tires, may have helped a tad but still had it. Next trip they did a road-force balance...still had it. I was asked to come in and drive a new '12 for comparison. It vibrated worse than my '11! The service manager rode with me and acknowledged the vibration in both trucks, he gave me his spiel that the 1/2 ton now has the 3/4 ton frame...don't know if this could be a cause, we talked that maybe the tires are not engineered properly for the vehicle, don't know. I don't drive my truck unless i have to haul something. Gas is down to $3.09 so I took it to fill up...1360 miles now, same AWFUL vibration, especially at 40 mph. So I went to google and landed here. Called Chevy to open a case, every one should do this by the way, there is power in numbers, and unless there are enough complaints, nothing will get done. Case in point: Ever hear of piston slap in '99-'02 5.3 (and others) Chevy engines? I had one, 2002 Z71 I bought new, began to knock like a diesel. You can read about it at www.pistonslap.com. Same scenario with the same dealer, DENIAL. Through this website I was able to contact attorneys handling these cases, eventually the lawyers got around $1500, I got $4500...traded the truck back to Chevy for an '06. Let me say I love Chevrolet's, I keep buying them. I've had several trucks and Corvettes. I guess there's more truth to what I used to say than I thought: "I'd rather push a Chevy than drive a Ford". Come on GM, do the right thing and fix our trucks. I had an '07 and '08 that both rode like Cadillacs. What did they do wrong on the '11's and '12's?

Last edited by mcox8051; January 25th, 2012 at 4:50 PM.
Old January 26th, 2012, 8:20 AM
CF Beginner

Default deavu

I had to check who wrote this. I thought it was me. I now have a set of new mich. tires and it did help some. But at 45mph it will shake water out of a water bottle. I to opened a case with GM so far all that did is muddy the waters. Chamone has lied to me several times,I have asked to speak to her boss;talked to her once. I thought we were going to get things done. When I talked to her 1/24/ 12 she out and out lied to me twice,and when I confronted her, her response was sir are you recording me, you can not do that, its against the law to do that .(But they record you and me) She got so excited about this I couldnt understand any thing she said. I requested to talk to her boss was on hold for 10 mins. Was told she (Heather) would call me back,day two no call! All I want is my truck fixed not a bunch of crap. I to drove a 2012 worse than mine. And if it takes the dealer 7 trips and 20 sets of tires to get the vib out what will happen when I need another set of tires. I did however talk to a friend of mine who works on older cars. h/s get the truck to vibrite speed and put it up in to n I did and the v/b is still there, that means its not in the drive train. I can not put this on here without saying Tim at the dealership has worked with me,and has been very, very helpful. BUT THE TRUCK IS STILL NOT RIGHT. Also try the facebook page on gm and voice your opinion. VERY DISSATISFIED

Last edited by pearl; January 26th, 2012 at 8:23 AM.
Old January 26th, 2012, 7:53 PM
CF Beginner

I just purchased my 2012 on the 21st and I have yet to notice any vibrations although mine is a crew cab and I see the original posters is an extended cab. I have yet to see anyone ask if the driveshaft has had the balance checked out yet??
Old January 26th, 2012, 8:24 PM
CF Beginner

Taking the truck in Monday. I will suggest they look at the driveshaft. I talked to a guy today that has an '11, he has no vibration either. It was an extended cab like mine. Strange. I don't think it would be that hard to figure out if we could actually get the GM engineers to take a vibrating truck and go through it, but I think it will take several complaints to get their attention.
Old January 27th, 2012, 8:22 AM
CF Beginner

Everyone - If you have a truck with a vibration problem what is the first number in the VIN number. I am finding locally that the trucks that ride smooth do not start with the same number as mine does. Mine start with 3.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 Silverado Vibration = Rough Ride.