Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 27th, 2015, 1:18 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

2012 Silverado - Radio High pitch constant ring

Search this Thread

Old July 15th, 2013, 5:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Mike,

I am sorry you had to experience that with your radio. I am happy to hear you were able to make it into the dealership. If you need any other assistance with your case please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service
Wow Erica Tiffany your a huge help just like everyone else there at Chevrolet Customer Service . If anyone there was genuinely concerned this problem woul have been fixed 4 or 5 years ago. Get real
Old July 16th, 2013, 3:38 PM
CF Beginner

I called 2 dealers and they would not admit the problem nor would they do anything about it. I finally gave up. It cost some money but I can't tell you how happy I have been with my Advent OGM1 radio that I purchased to correct the awful ringing noise. I work for a company where almost every guy drives a Chevy truck and I sat in every single of of them from 2011 to 2013 and they all had that terrible noise. Some guys can hear it some can't. The ones that can hear it after I point it out now want to hang me.

I sprung for the backup camera on the Advent and I am thankful every time I back up. It was an easy instal and took me probably an hour and a half to complete. Looks just like stock.

It's a shame to spend around $30,000 for a truck and have a $h1tty radio that makes your ears ring for hours after the truck turns off.

Chevrolet Silverado LT: Advent OGM1 installation on Vimeo
Old August 16th, 2013, 12:17 AM
CF Beginner

I sold my truck, and my ears still slightly ring, 3 months later. I loath GM i will never even go within 100 yards one of these phking dealerships.

got a 2011 Lexus ES350
Old November 12th, 2013, 8:13 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Everybody with this high pitched noise problem listen to me! I fixed it by replacing the radio with an advent ogm-1 nav radio. No noise. It will cost you $1025.00 but it is so worth it. Call walt at adc mobile. They have a how to video on how to install it. Easy-i did it myself. Chevy will not help you-you are on your own.
Old November 12th, 2013, 9:49 PM
CF Beginner

October 20, 2013 was the 6 month anniversary from the night i drove home and then my my ears ringing SO BAD, that it practically freaked me out, and i had to take anti anxiety meds.

My ears still have a very faint 'twinkling ' sound. and about 2 weeks ago, they were ringing, but thankfully nothing i couldn't tolerate.

I bought my 2013 GMC Sierra for $28,143 out the door. I sold it to CARMAX a few weeks later for $24,000 - exactly. So acquiring this truck, cost me over 6 months of ear ringing, and financially, 4 thousand dollars. And there's nothing i could have done or foreseen, to prevent this. Except to look for all outstanding recalls/bulletins for any vehicle i'm considering.
The truck interior smell was also unpleasant/stressful, the dam thing (truck) was just too big, and you have to practically STOMP on the gas, to get the dam thing to move decently. The brakes were weak, and it wasn't good on gas. All these things raised my stress/blood pressure, and then in combination with the electronic high pitched WHINE of phcking new technology digital/electric fans, *Wham! - socked it to my ears (clocheal damage ) bad.

This has taught me to assume/trust nothing anymore regarding this type of thing. If one of the most popular vehicles in America ( chevrolet silverado truck ) can be sold to the public with a high frequency ear-damaging sound in the cab, and GM engineers beforehand don't put some instrument in the cab (that Humans occupy ) to test the entire frequency range for this, then i don't trust that something else, some other product, can also damage my eyesight, hearing, nervous system and so on.

I now only go with Toyota products. I don't think they'd be so careless to ever allow such a thing.
Old November 16th, 2015, 11:51 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2009 Silverado Radio whine

Typical deal. Major work just trying to log into forum. It all boils down to Corporate greed and how many brownie points can be earned by the absolute denial of any issue with your vehicle that is defective or.still under warranty. You could teach all the Chinamen in the world to say their abc's before the scabs representing GM acknowledge this being an issue . The funny thing is they said my user name had already been taken, so I opted with this one. They made me do it![/B]
Originally Posted by bigdave
I have a 2012 silverado crew cab . brand new off the lot on the way home at a stop light I picked up on a High decible noise, almost like one of those dog wistles. Very high pitched and peircing. I have tried for days to locate the source. It is coming from behind the dash. It is not a mechanical noise, malfunction, speaker noise, or anything like that. There is a sound!! so all these people telling you to get your ears checked are full of it! THERE IS AN ISSUE.
Old November 16th, 2015, 12:19 PM
CF Beginner

Default The flip flop game.

Originally Posted by Lump
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, but Im afraid I may have to wait for GM to come out with some sort of improvement once enough folks make enough complaints about it. ??
First thing dealership will want to know is if youve had any aftermarket items added to your truck. That give$ them big time ammo to flip the i$$ue right back in your lap. Atlea$t then you can get the hell out of the $ervice dept and back to trying to get i$$ue $olved. All the $ervice rep$ are thinking is, beat it $ucker,Chump,Lo$er,Dumb$hit,Credit or Debit,Checkbook,Bank Guarantee Card,Next,You Wi$h, Ha ha, Lol! Bam! Next, Blah blah blah blah blah, Je$uzz Chri$t,Next,etc,etc,etc,etc.........WTF?,Next, $he doe$nt look bad for having five kid$,Next ,I wonder if Obama i$ going to pardon?, Next, I could have out danced Travolta if I wa$,Next, hair plug$ or?Next, Ive got to take a, Next,look at my bo$$, I bet I could kick hi$,Next

Last edited by bailout; November 16th, 2015 at 2:33 PM.
Old November 16th, 2015, 2:06 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by bigdave
I have a 2012 silverado crew cab . brand new off the lot on the way home at a stop light I picked up on a High decible noise, almost like one of those dog wistles. Very high pitched and peircing. I have tried for days to locate the source. It is coming from behind the dash. It is not a mechanical noise, malfunction, speaker noise, or anything like that. There is a sound!! so all these people telling you to get your ears checked are full of it! THERE IS AN ISSUE.
Save your breath. The bailouts are scabs. Buy a Ford!
Old November 16th, 2015, 2:17 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by dangevine
I just had the radio replaced and replaced again just this past week around 1/27 and guess what-I can still hear the noise!! Its been 4 months that I am dealing with this and i finally went into my dealership after stuing for a week and demanded that they take care of this. I have heard that the Advent OGM 1 NAV radio from ADCMOBILE www.adcmobile.com solves the problem. I have been on the phone with the Walt and verifies that they have seen this problem in chevy trucks and that this radio solves the problem..
Its the Satellite Xm, OnStar,etc. If they were ro recall all of them, GM would have to get on their knees and blow the Gov.again For more bailout money. $lurp, $mack, $plurt, gurgle ahhhhh! Repeat.
Old July 15th, 2016, 5:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default USB Port when charging devices!

We were able to pinpoint the dog-whistle noise to the USB charging unit. It only emits the sounds when the phone is plugged in and charging but it IS in fact the USB ports. Chevy is changing out the port for me and that should be it. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply: 2012 Silverado - Radio High pitch constant ring