Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2013 Silverado with rusty bumper...

Search this Thread

Old July 9th, 2015, 3:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Silverado with rusty bumper...

Hey all. New to the forum here with a question.

My 2 year old truck has rust all over the front bumper. Multiple places where the paint is bubbling up and rusting. Had it in to Jeff Wyler Chevy of Columbus and they were less than helpful. They have succeeded in loosing a customer for sure.

So questions - Is this a very common problem?? Has anyone gotten Chevy to own up to the issue and fix it?? Or does everyone get the rock chips not our problem. We can give you an estimate on what it costs to fix it.

My opinion is that a 2 year old truck should not have rust on it. I had a 2001 Ford F150 that had NO rust on it when I got rid of it 9 years later. 2004 Nissan Titan also No rust when i got rid of it to get this truck. Now I get this one brand new and 2 years later the bumper is rusting. Makes me worry about the rest of the quality of the vehicle if this is already rusting.

Thanks in advance.

Patrick
Old July 10th, 2015, 9:54 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Voyager_PWS
Hey all. New to the forum here with a question.

My 2 year old truck has rust all over the front bumper. Multiple places where the paint is bubbling up and rusting. Had it in to Jeff Wyler Chevy of Columbus and they were less than helpful. They have succeeded in loosing a customer for sure.

So questions - Is this a very common problem?? Has anyone gotten Chevy to own up to the issue and fix it?? Or does everyone get the rock chips not our problem. We can give you an estimate on what it costs to fix it.

My opinion is that a 2 year old truck should not have rust on it. I had a 2001 Ford F150 that had NO rust on it when I got rid of it 9 years later. 2004 Nissan Titan also No rust when i got rid of it to get this truck. Now I get this one brand new and 2 years later the bumper is rusting. Makes me worry about the rest of the quality of the vehicle if this is already rusting.

Thanks in advance.

Patrick
Hi Patrick,

We truly apologize for these unexpected concerns with your truck. This is certainly not the kind of impression we wanted to provide you as our customer.

Although we cannot speculate as to why your vehicle's bumper has rust on it already, we would be more than happy to reach out to another dealership in your location for further investigation. Please feel free to send us private message along with with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 13th, 2015, 4:24 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi Patrick,

We truly apologize for these unexpected concerns with your truck. This is certainly not the kind of impression we wanted to provide you as our customer.

Although we cannot speculate as to why your vehicle's bumper has rust on it already, we would be more than happy to reach out to another dealership in your location for further investigation. Please feel free to send us private message along with with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Patsy,

I sent a PM to the account you replied under on Friday. Look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Patrick
Old June 24th, 2018, 11:49 PM
CF Beginner

I have the same issue. Mine is painted the color of the truck. Silver. I have noticed that some models are chrome. There is no problem with those rusting.
Old June 25th, 2018, 5:50 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by CliffS
I have the same issue. Mine is painted the color of the truck. Silver. I have noticed that some models are chrome. There is no problem with those rusting.
I was quite disappointed with the Dealerships responses to my issues on this. In addition while Chevy started out "trying" to help they didn't do much to push the issue for me. So I am thinking they could have lost a customer. I know there is one dealer, Jeff Wyler, here in Columbus that will NEVER get my business again. I have since gotten rid of the Chevy and picked up a nice Toyota Tundra. And I am not regretting that decision at all.

One body shop I went to told me that I would probably be better off just getting a chrome bumper and being done with it. Not painting it. Didn't feel I should fit that bill so I didn't. I wish you the best of luck getting yours addressed. Hope you can get it fixed before your bumper is totally ruined.