Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2014 Silverado Radio Reception Issues

Search this Thread

Old July 13th, 2014, 7:52 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think we all know the outcome - Chevrolet will do nothing about it.
Old July 14th, 2014, 9:11 AM
CF Beginner

Just an update...
TJay74 from GM-Trucks.com got an update from the GM engineers on 7/9/14 regarding the reception issues he has been working with them on. They updated his radio with the fix they want to introduce. We do not yet know how this will be acquired by the rest of us:
"Ok the chief engineer emailed me back this morning. They are finishing up the last part of the validation process. He said they are trying to have the update ready at the beginning of August."

you can view the thread here:
Radio Reception Issues - Page 34 - 2014+ Silverado & Sierra Issues, Troubleshooting, & Recalls/Service Bulletins - GM-Trucks.com
Old September 8th, 2014, 11:05 AM
CF Beginner

Default radio problems

I have terrible reception in my new Silverado on radio channels I've used for years in my old Silverado's . The radio system in my 2014 Silverado is the pits. I had my first service and told the technician about the radio problem. He said there were already two more recalls in addition to the one I already had and that would probably fix the problem. It didn't fix it and it doesn't look like it's gonna be fixed any time soon according to what I've read . I wish I had my old truck back.
Old September 8th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by bobdickson
I have terrible reception in my new Silverado on radio channels I've used for years in my old Silverado's . The radio system in my 2014 Silverado is the pits. I had my first service and told the technician about the radio problem. He said there were already two more recalls in addition to the one I already had and that would probably fix the problem. It didn't fix it and it doesn't look like it's gonna be fixed any time soon according to what I've read . I wish I had my old truck back.
We understand you're unhappy with the reception in your new Silverado and we do apologize, bobdickson. We'll be sure to keep an eye out for any new information pertaining to this matter. If you'd like to PM us your VIN and dealership name we can document your information on file for future reference.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 9th, 2014, 2:13 PM
CF Beginner

Amber,
I will be happy to PM you the info. Exactly how do I do that? Your link goes to Verizon.
Old November 5th, 2014, 5:35 PM
CF Beginner

Default 55k Truck and Really bad radio signal.

My new Highcountry is suffering with this problem. 55k worth of truck and my phone has a better radio signals. Can Chevy please help me get this resolved?

Last edited by ChevyRS6; November 5th, 2014 at 5:43 PM.
Old January 11th, 2015, 4:29 PM
CF Beginner

I also had this issue I had a upgrade done (not the recall reprogramming) didn't work dealer called gm and they said they have a upgraded radio getting it installed Friday
Old June 21st, 2016, 9:47 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Ray Ray
Is anyone having FM radio reception issues with their 2014 Silverado? AM is decent, but the FM has poor range. Stations that used to easily come in on other vehicles no longer come in or have static.

The dealer tried to get technical about radio signals and how they are only good to 40 miles etc. I've lived here my entire life and every other vehicle I've has a better reception range. Not to mention those stations came in fine on the Equinox loaner they gave me while it was in the shop!

I'm having the same issue, I recently purchased a 2014 Silverado and I love everything except the radio reception, I travel a lot and in my 2003 Silverado, stations that I used to receive around 50 to 70 miles away, I can get them in the 2014. I'm on Fort Knox and a station that I used to get in the 2003 Silverado does not come in at all in the 2014 Silverado. Not being able to pick up some of my favorites stations while I'm on the road is a bigger issue than I would have ever imagine (Yes I have XM in the 2014 but it's not the same) I like those on the road stations when I travel. "I Love my new truck, but I miss my old system".
Old November 4th, 2016, 9:28 AM
CF Beginner

Angry

Originally Posted by kaddy
I'm having the same issue, I recently purchased a 2014 Silverado and I love everything except the radio reception, I travel a lot and in my 2003 Silverado, stations that I used to receive around 50 to 70 miles away, I can get them in the 2014. I'm on Fort Knox and a station that I used to get in the 2003 Silverado does not come in at all in the 2014 Silverado. Not being able to pick up some of my favorites stations while I'm on the road is a bigger issue than I would have ever imagine (Yes I have XM in the 2014 but it's not the same) I like those on the road stations when I travel. "I Love my new truck, but I miss my old system".
I'm in the same boat! I'm lucky to get one radio station whereas in my 2004 I get stations from as far away as 100 miles! Wish I had noticed before I bought the truck because I wouldn't have purchased it!
Old January 14th, 2021, 7:05 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Ray Ray
Thanks for the feedback. I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer... My new 2014 Silverado has been in the shop for over two weeks due to another issue: Weird sound coming from the rear of the truck! Once warmed up, a rattling/vibrating sound occurs when in a low RPM and low speed setting for the current gear under 55mph. It most often occurs between 20-40 mph. Apparently it's a bearing issue in the rear differential. Glad I spent $40,000 on a new truck to have a crap radio and drive train issues. The loaner vehicle they gave me, a Chevy Equinox, has much better radio reception by the way.

I'm going to show the dealer these posts and hope they fix the reception issue. If anyone else is having issues please reply to this thread. I'll let you know how I make out.
Mine was making the exact same noise. I sounding like a chirping noise at the low RPM just like you described. I found out there is a flapper in your exhaust that has to do with the truck dropping down to 4 cy. There is a spring in there that just breaks off. So you have the noise.