Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2014 Silverado RCSB to Blazer

Search this Thread

Old June 4th, 2019, 11:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Silverado RCSB to Blazer

Title says it all. (You can skip this next part if you don’t care WHY I’m asking) My work truck is a 2014 RCSB LT 4x4. I’ve got it at 40k miles and will have the opportunity to purchase the truck at 150k in a couple months for less than auction price (one of the “perks” my job offers). My company has owned the truck since new And I know who had it before me so I know the history of the truck plus immaculate maintenance. Most miles are highway at 70-75mph with not much downshifting for hills. I’d prefer something I know everything about with 150k mostly highway miles vs something with 50-60k miles I know little about, or how it was driven. I also think this can be done for much cheaper than buying a sub 60k mile (ish) Tahoe.

I am looking at getting a tow vehicle/dog hauler. Id like to slap a camper on it, open up the back window into the cab and maybe add a small bench seat so I can have passengers + dogs. This way my dogs could stay cool in the summer months as well. I haven’t found any viable solutions for adding A/C to a camper shell that’s not a cooler with 12v fan. The rear would be insulated too. I found a company, cowtown sleepers (https://www.cowtownsleepers.com/), that seems to do stuff like this. I’ll react out to them separate from here.

Has anyone seen this done before or have any ideas what it may take cost wise to do so?