Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2015 Silverado 1500 - Service 4WD and Service StabiliTrak

Search this Thread

Old June 8th, 2015, 3:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2015 Silverado 1500 - Service 4WD and Service StabiliTrak

Recently leased a brand new 2015 Silverado 1500 with 30 miles on it. Not even 300 miles later did I get two service lights! The 4WD and StabiliTrak service lights appeared when started. The local Chevrolet dealership checked and there were no codes. They claimed to have "reset" the computer. NO RECALLS HAVE BEEN REPORTED. A couple days after getting the truck back, the lights appeared again. I contacted them and they then found the need to replace the transfer case due to a code that appeared. Problem solved!... NOT! Shortly thereafter (within 1 week), the service lights were there again! Back to the dealer I went, leaving the truck with them for the day. They contacted me and NEVER was able to see the service light themselves to be able to read the code, so they claim. Once again, I pick up the truck [with no service lights], go home, and the next time I get in it, the 4WD service light is ON! I'm extremely irritated and contact GM to report this issue. Note: I'm at 1000 miles or so (most being driven to and from the dealership!). A tech from Michigan must've contacted the dealership to work with them over the phone and see what's been tested. Now they're going to replace an IP harness that is about 6 feet in length and goes from the transfer case to the instrument panel?

Has anyone with experience in this area heard of such a thing in the new models or know of a recall/bulletin that is [or will be] announced by Chevy?!
Old June 9th, 2015, 8:53 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by abj182
Recently leased a brand new 2015 Silverado 1500 with 30 miles on it. Not even 300 miles later did I get two service lights! The 4WD and StabiliTrak service lights appeared when started. The local Chevrolet dealership checked and there were no codes. They claimed to have "reset" the computer. NO RECALLS HAVE BEEN REPORTED. A couple days after getting the truck back, the lights appeared again. I contacted them and they then found the need to replace the transfer case due to a code that appeared. Problem solved!... NOT! Shortly thereafter (within 1 week), the service lights were there again! Back to the dealer I went, leaving the truck with them for the day. They contacted me and NEVER was able to see the service light themselves to be able to read the code, so they claim. Once again, I pick up the truck [with no service lights], go home, and the next time I get in it, the 4WD service light is ON! I'm extremely irritated and contact GM to report this issue. Note: I'm at 1000 miles or so (most being driven to and from the dealership!). A tech from Michigan must've contacted the dealership to work with them over the phone and see what's been tested. Now they're going to replace an IP harness that is about 6 feet in length and goes from the transfer case to the instrument panel?

Has anyone with experience in this area heard of such a thing in the new models or know of a recall/bulletin that is [or will be] announced by Chevy?!
Hi Abj182,

We truly apologize for this unexpected concern you are experiencing with your new truck! This is certainly not the kind of impression we wanted to provide you, and we understand how frustrating this may seem for you. We would be more than happy to look into this more, and provide any additional assistance. Please feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and the dealership you are working with. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 5th, 2015, 8:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same exact problem. When I start the car I get "service 4WD" When I dismiss it I get "Service Stabilitrack" and I dismiss that. The stabilitrack idiot light then stays lit the entire drive. This happens about 75% of the time at start up. When it does not happen, I will eventually get a "Service 4WD" error while driving. Once I get the "Service 4wd" error, either at start up or while driving, I cannot shift into or out of what ever xWD setting i am in. And the yellow light on the 4x4 **** is not lit.

I have complained several times to my dealer about it, they say it is a "Software Glitch" and to just turn off the truck and let it sit for 10 min.