Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 7:10 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

2500hd, with the 8.1, electric fan and any info please

Search this Thread

Old March 25th, 2008, 2:30 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2500hd, with the 8.1, electric fan and any info please

i have a 2002 2500hd, 4 wheel drive. it has the 8.1 liter in it... which i think is awsome. any way was looking at getting rid of the stock fan on the front of the engine and installing an electric fan setup. does anyone know anything about finding one or even if there is one. also i was looking for some info on the 8.1. i kinda lost track of any info after the 454 was replaced. any info or input would be great. any exhaust ideas would be greattoo. i want to make a sleeper out of it. i dont want alot of noise as much asi want the free flowing performance, i also tow four horses and anything alse that will fit on a twenty foot flat bed gooseneck trailer.
many thanks
Old March 25th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: 2500hd, with the 8.1, fan and info please

Welcome to the forum!!! Someone here may be able to help, hang in there.
Old March 27th, 2008, 2:19 AM
CF Junior Member

anybody???
Old March 27th, 2008, 7:27 AM
Super Moderator

The thing is, how many people herehave a setup like yours? and have done what you are trying to do? and not everyone is on all the time. Sometimes people just don't know the answer or have a clue, and the one person that might knowmay only login every other week or some thing like that.That's why in my greeting I said "someone here MAY be able to help".

Old March 27th, 2008, 9:46 AM
CF Beginner

try this http://www.electricfanengineering.com/electric.htm
Old March 27th, 2008, 3:11 PM
CF Junior Member

that really helps thanks
Old March 28th, 2008, 7:56 AM
CF Beginner

google is a miracle...
Old March 9th, 2014, 3:06 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by petrou
i have a 2002 2500hd, 4 wheel drive. it has the 8.1 liter in it... which i think is awsome. any way was looking at getting rid of the stock fan on the front of the engine and installing an electric fan setup. does anyone know anything about finding one or even if there is one. also i was looking for some info on the 8.1. i kinda lost track of any info after the 454 was replaced. any info or input would be great. any exhaust ideas would be greattoo. i want to make a sleeper out of it. i dont want alot of noise as much asi want the free flowing performance, i also tow four horses and anything alse that will fit on a twenty foot flat bed gooseneck trailer.
many thanks
im having the same problem was wondering if you found anything out? ...i ordered the Direct-fit dual electric fans for '00-'04 Chevrolet truck but wont fit my radiator .....please let me know ty
Old March 11th, 2014, 9:30 AM
CF Beginner

my radiator is 40 inches wide
Old March 11th, 2014, 9:03 PM
CF Active Member

i did the efan on my 6.0. get atune from blackbear so that they can turn the fans on, order a harness thru them, measure rad, find flexalite fan or an OEM one if you can that will fit. and just follow the directions your giving with the harness. its really not that bad on a job but il be honest it dosnt do awhole lot. the best mod if done was just the black bear tune. i know your engines different and all but i cant see the efan doing much more for you then it did for me. il go so far as to say it was more so a waste of my money. i got the fans for 50, and was getting the tune anyway, but they dont help that much.

Quick Reply: 2500hd, with the 8.1, electric fan and any info please