Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

94 Chevy with wiring gremlins

Search this Thread

Old March 21st, 2009, 10:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Chevy with wiring gremlins

Laides and Gents,

New to the forum and need help..... My girl left town for the week and left me her 94 Chevy 1500 Silverado....just bought. WOW, too many different electrical gremlins in this beast and I need help. First off, it has cab lights that don't work. When I pulled them off, the wiring was not connected to the lights. I checked the bulbs, they are good, but still no light....what am I missing? I would like these lights to work before she comes home.....

Second, the auto door locks dont work. If I let the truck set for a couple hours or run it for a couple hours, I get one, yes ONE. push of the button for this to work. The fuses ARE good. I just dont know.

Third, The main cab lights dont work. I get the personal lights working, but the cab lights are not working at all. It sucks with a late night and no cab lights to work with. The bulbs are fine. Fuses are fine.

If anybody can help me out, please shoot some ideas....I would be appreciative...thanks.....

Kind Regards,
John