Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

95 GMC misses/runs rough after warmup

Search this Thread

Old February 23rd, 2017, 2:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy 1500 5.7 4x4

Have a truck after you drive it for about 30 min and it realy warm the truck starts running ruff and sputtering once you start tk accelerate it seams to go away and run better so you wana keep your fut in it i bibassed the eger and it didnt help it starts fine and runs fin when iddleing cold colants seems to be good checked presure in the res for head gasket ..what elts could it be ..warn destributor?
Old March 4th, 2017, 5:03 PM
CF Beginner

Default same here

I have a 98 that has same issue, seems like very light accelerator seems to do it, giving more seems to clear it up.... I'm thinking dist. Myself, already done top end work including spider injector upgrade to multi port system.

Originally Posted by Randoll Wells
Have a truck after you drive it for about 30 min and it realy warm the truck starts running ruff and sputtering once you start tk accelerate it seams to go away and run better so you wana keep your fut in it i bibassed the eger and it didnt help it starts fine and runs fin when iddleing cold colants seems to be good checked presure in the res for head gasket ..what elts could it be ..warn destributor?
Old March 11th, 2017, 5:40 PM
CF Beginner

OK guys; here is the deal; another post; I will update as well but i have 1998 K1500 - 5.7 "R" engine code.

Had a miss sometimes it was smooth as glass other times (Randomly or even somethings constantly) under light or constant acceleration it would putter.. putt putt here there ... like yall said before it made you wanna put your foot into it to keep it from missing.

I already did the MFI upgrade , full tune up; including doing new timing chain (Which was already previously replaced) i started thinking it was the dist too but then i got to thinking......... acceleration is key.. even though sometimes it still putters it seems when i give it gas it clears up..

TPS sends voltage readings back to ECM to know where the butterfly is.. if that thing which acts like a tensiometer (Spelling?) is acting up there is no telling what it will do. I pulled mine off, first thing the part that turns should be spring loaded.. you could turn it and it stayed in place. it was also loose as all get up like i could wiggle it.

Went to O'Riely's their BWD (lifetime warranty) i got them to comp autozone's house brand also lifetime warranty at 36.00 plus tax. Slapped it on and now its running like a new truck.

There is a putter once in a random while, but its so light and hardly noticeable and does not happen anything like before and does not affect drivability what so ever.. Power is also restored and OD kicks in even at 70mph where before it did not (But would down at 40 under light acceleration)....

So My problem was fixed by TPS. If you have a miss random... P0300 and putting your foot in it seems to be the only thing that seems to help even if its still kinda studdering try a TPS.. I will say though it was just a matter of time I would had injector issues anyways if i didnt already and just not noticed it.. so i would for sure suggest doing it if you plan on keeping your truck and also if its never done do the timing chain as PM.
Old March 11th, 2017, 5:41 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Randoll Wells
Hope you see my response and it helps.
Old July 29th, 2017, 5:14 PM
CF Beginner

Default How did it work out?

Im getting ready to do the injection upgrade. Have similar symptoms to yours. Wondering if you figured out the problem on yours and have any advice. Thanks. U can hit me direct at Fabricatorz@gmail, or thru the site is fine.
thanx, Adam

QUOTE=Jonathan Ellender;334752]I have a 98 that has same issue, seems like very light accelerator seems to do it, giving more seems to clear it up.... I'm thinking dist. Myself, already done top end work including spider injector upgrade to multi port system.[/QUOTE]
Old May 2nd, 2021, 5:06 PM
CF Beginner

Default Fixing my truck

Originally Posted by hquick
My first thought is O2.
Prior to warm up the truck is in open loop (not using the O2's). Once warm...it goes into closed loop and the O2's adjust fuelling.
I'd replace the front O2's. (if that model has rear O2's..so 4 all up...they only run emissions checks and throw codes accordingly...have nothing to do with fuelling).
well sir I didn't know this and I'm going to give it a try cuz I have changed everything and as soon as it warms up, it loses all power I change the whole fuel delivery and electrical components and runs better but it misses at times and but when cold, it runs amazing like a new truck, my cat threw all of the chromium out of the tail pipe but I haven't replaced the o2 so m.j maybe I should cuz I didn't know that on obd1 trucks the knock sensor makes it have no codes cuz she has no codes even when missing like tha **** man...
anyways is an old post but sounds so good of information thanks guys btw I have a 95 4.3 silverado tbi
Old May 29th, 2021, 5:28 AM
CF Beginner

Ok my 95 Chevy c k 1500 is having trouble cranking but it does crank eventually after I put gas under hood it idles fine but as soon as I give it gas it sputters and won't move but a little bit I can pump the gas pedal and it moves a little bit more but not much I have changed the fuel sensor fuel lines and it has not helped at all
Old August 15th, 2022, 5:21 PM
CF Beginner

Default It runs cold it’s fine but when it warms up she likes to die

Here this will blow your mind I have the same problem with my truck too it’s a 95 GMC suburban when it’s first starts up in the morning my tack will start jumping up and down between 1K to 2k and it will sound like a hot rod then she will run smooth again n cold it runs fine but soon as she warms up she would like to stall and hesitate but once you put your foot on the gas and give her all hell she will not do it anymore until like a few more miles down the road she will act up all over again I replace the idle control the throttle position sensor the water pump thermostat temperature sensor I just don’t get it I’m very confused about the truck