Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

ABS/EBCM Problem

Search this Thread

Old September 29th, 2007, 10:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS/EBCM Problem

Help.... ABS light came on and had it diagnosed as a bad EBCM. Replaced with a new unit ($600+) and ABS light went out for approx. 3 days and came back on for a while and would go back out.....when ABS light is on I notice that the AC,blower/heater controls, and cruise control don't work but when light goes out everything is fine. It's a 1997 Cheyenne (stripped down silverado) 4X4 with 29,000 miles.......Thanks for any input.
Old September 29th, 2007, 11:16 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: ABS/EBCM Problem

i am in no means a professional but i work on apaches the wiring end at least and the sound very much like a short in your wiring my advice is take a goog look at it or have a mechanic take a good look at all involved wiringit could be rubbing and shorting on a panel in the engine compartment... well good luck
Old October 29th, 2007, 8:49 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: ABS/EBCM Problem

I have the same problem also sorta I have a 97 4x4 abs light continues on , though no problems with controls , yet when I`m comeing down a grade in the steep mountain my abs brakes pulsate like normal , I was asking many tymes over what the problem is with the light , pcu shows no diagnostic problems yet really weird eh ?
Old April 9th, 2009, 8:34 PM
CF Beginner

i have a 95 chevy with similar problems but when my light comes on my truck will not shift into OD. now i have recently added a remote start and alarm coulfd this be the problem or just a coincidense?
Old September 15th, 2010, 12:35 AM
CF Beginner

Default same problim

did you figure out the problim if so what was it need car fixed so wife car will get her around safely
Old December 17th, 2014, 9:20 PM
CF Beginner

I have a problem with my Chevy S10 2004. While driving the ABS indicator lights on. Result of diagnosis is code C0265. I don't want to go to the dealer because they usually don't offer an economical way of problems. I read in Internet that I can replace the ABS Module independently and even post video from youtube but it is the bad idea for me. I also found information about the special repair services . So I will them the electronic part of my ABS CM , they will rebuilt it , test on a special test stand repair and return back. Somebody had experience ?