Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Alignment and knockouts

Search this Thread

Old July 19th, 2011, 8:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment and knockouts

Just put new tires on my '00 C2500 and took it to the dealer to have the front aligned and they told me that they couldn't do a proper alignment without removing the knockouts. I've had my truck aligned at the dealer before, as well as at an alignment shop, and no one has mentioned anything about removing these knockouts before.

My question is, do the knockouts in the front end have to be removed to do a proper alignment? I've never heard anyone mention this before. And what does removing the knockouts achieve when doing an alignment??

Any advice/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...
Old July 21st, 2011, 5:56 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told the exact same thing by more than one shop trustworthy shop. Because I don't know a lot of about suspension I left it up to them and paid the $$ to get it done right.

I do recall one tech put my truck on a lift and pointed it all out to me and I was like, "oh yeah I see....yeah you go ahead and do what needs to be done." :-)