Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/)
-   -   alignment with quadrasteer (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/alignment-quadrasteer-58913/)

rj86 June 24th, 2013 10:43 AM

alignment with quadrasteer

03 Chevy Silverado 1500hd 4×4 quadrasteer. Issue I am having is the shop I took my truck to
Said they can not do a full alignment since I have quadrasteer, this is the first shop that has told me that. I have disabled my quadrasteer for awhile now since I have a 6 inch lift with 35s and it was acting up. Any body know if its possible to get an alignment done and lock the rear in place, until I figure out a way to have it function properly with my lift and tires

67Motorcat June 24th, 2013 3:35 PM

I would assume a big lift and Quadrasteer would not mix very well...GM discontinued that wacky system for a reason:rolleyes:

I would swap in a wrecking yard solid axle and be done with it...they are abundant and cheap.Could probably completed on one Saturday.

ShootinSquid99 August 13th, 2021 2:07 AM

Digging up the dead (thread)

I love my QS system...but a mechanic (now I know he was a hack) up North in Illinois thought he was doing me a favor and did an alignment. It now pulls to the right...severely! I'm now in Stuart, Florida. Anyone on here know any reliable shop on the Eastern mid-shore that could do this, or are there any documents or specs on how to do a proper alignment on the QS? Or, should any 4x4 shop be able to do it??

tech2 August 13th, 2021 9:07 AM

I do love 4wheel steering. Like air suspension....work fantastic unless you have to fix it.

post the alignment printout so i can see what the numbers say. What model year and engine and i will look up in service info for any special alignment procedures.

a castor pull will cause the steering wheel to turn to the side of the pull. a camber pull will leave the steering center but the truck will drift right. tire pull can do either.

there are so many issues with backyarders working on cars as a paying business; the governing body in Alberta are changing laws to be able to penalize/fine them.

quadrasteer December 12th, 2022 1:55 PM

Originally Posted by tech2 (Post 469129)
I do love 4wheel steering. Like air suspension....work fantastic unless you have to fix it.

post the alignment printout so i can see what the numbers say. What model year and engine and i will look up in service info for any special alignment procedures.

a castor pull will cause the steering wheel to turn to the side of the pull. a camber pull will leave the steering center but the truck will drift right. tire pull can do either.

there are so many issues with backyarders working on cars as a paying business; the governing body in Alberta are changing laws to be able to penalize/fine them.

Not to be that guy who revived a dead thread or anything, but my google-fu brought me here…

would it be possible to look up if there are camber adjustments on a 2003 1500 QS, 5.3 ?