Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Audio advice needed 02 silverado 1500 Extended cab

Search this Thread

Old November 29th, 2011, 12:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio advice needed 02 silverado 1500 Extended cab

I just got my silverado last week and it has a stock stereo. No tape, or CD drive I am wondering what all i'm going to have to buy in order to be able to install my kenwood head unit. I'm an audio idiot so any help would be great
Old December 2nd, 2011, 5:48 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just go to a wal mart or local stereo shop or crutchfeild.com and get the dash spacer and wiring harness and a box of but conectors. when you take the stock one out with the new wiring harness built for your specific truck you plug that in and the wires from your kenwood will all have a matching color on the new harness atach them with the conectors and your ready to go if you put the spacer kit in(also for your specific truck)
Old December 2nd, 2011, 6:52 PM
Senior Site Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like the guy above me said, with the adaptor from walmart or an audio place, its really just color for color matching as far as the wiring goes, unless the guy before you was a hack and cut apart the stock harness. in that case you will need a little more help. also the mounting kit and antenna adapter. keep us updated!

also if you have plans in the future for an amplifier and a box now would be the time to install your RCA's and remote wire and keep them tucked out of the way for later. That way you dont have to take it all back apart when you're ready to put the amp in. Just a suggestion. Good luck!