Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 4th, 2015, 3:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:
Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Bluetooth not working

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2012, 11:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth not working

Hello everyone. My name is Joey and I live in SE Texas. I have a 2011 Z71 and my son drives my 1994 Z71.

In my 2011, I can pair my phone but I can't make or receive calls. The radio goes silent like it's ready for the call but the phone never connects. Tried with 3 different phones. When I first bought the truck last year the BT worked perfectly.

Is there a way to reset it or do I need to go to the dealer?

Thanks,
Joey
Old February 8th, 2012, 9:19 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> joeybcdt,

Have you changed the battery or had to reset settings on the phone? Have you tried deleting the paired phones and tags, then re-pair the phones?

You may want to stop by the dealer for additional help. It can be difficult to diagnose an issue like this over the internet. There are many factors to consider, the type of phone, if it is compatible with the vehicle, is the vehicle recognizing the correct paired phone, etc. It may be easier to have the dealer look into it.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 9th, 2012, 1:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> joeybcdt,

Have you changed the battery or had to reset settings on the phone? Have you tried deleting the paired phones and tags, then re-pair the phones?

You may want to stop by the dealer for additional help. It can be difficult to diagnose an issue like this over the internet. There are many factors to consider, the type of phone, if it is compatible with the vehicle, is the vehicle recognizing the correct paired phone, etc. It may be easier to have the dealer look into it.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
No, I have not changed the battery.
Yes, I have reset the 1st phone but it does the same on 2 other phones.
Yes, I have tried pairing, un-pairing, re-pairing, all 3 phones, never having more than one paired at a time.
Old February 9th, 2012, 3:33 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I apologize for the continued frustration. I encourage you to stop by your local dealer for additional help.

Louis
GM Customer Service