Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

A/C blows cold then hot also other issues

Search this Thread

Old August 21st, 2013, 11:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C blows cold then hot also other issues

Howdy folks,

I've tried searching the forum for my issue but have not found anything to help. Here's the issue: I have a 98 K1500 After sitting for a while AC will blow cold for a little while then starts blowing hot air. I took it to a shop and they said the compressor is working fine, full of refrigerant, and has no leaks. I guess because it worked fine when they looked at my truck they decided they didn't need to look at what I told them was wrong so I brought it home. Anybody have any advice on what may cause this. I'm fairly handy but know nothing about A/Cs.

Also, the volume of air coming out of my vents is low. The fan motor changes speed and the amount of air increases but its not much air. I tried to find out if there was an air filter that I could clean out but had no luck. I don't know if that's because there's not one or I just suck at searching for stuff.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice/help given. I really appreciate it.