Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

changing out stereos please help

Search this Thread

Old September 2nd, 2012, 10:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changing out stereos please help

In my 04 silverado the lcd display is busted in the stock 6 disc head unit. I found a brand new factory replacement i can put in but i was wondering if the head units are interchangeable between my truck and the same kind of head units for the 08 models. i like the new ones a little better and it looks like they are the same dimensions. I can get the newer model one for like 20 bucks more than the old one thats the reason i ask. also id like to use the steering wheel controls and have the bose system thats why im not going with aftermarket..the guys at best buy told me it would be about another 250-300 in adapters to get my steering wheel controls working with an aftermarket radio :/
Old September 2nd, 2012, 3:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default to your stero

just make sure u dont just hook up the weirs u need a wiring harness or it could result in burning fuses and 200 t0 300 for getting ur stereo controls in ur string wheel sounds right but most aftermarket stereos will not be compatible with the controls