Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
Old August 11th, 2015, 1:22 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

check engine light, stabilitrak, traction control, bank 1 & 2 lean

Search this Thread

Old October 5th, 2018, 8:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 GMC Yukon doing same thing...after installing collapsed lifters

I have replaced throttle body and TPS and MAF sensor..local Chevy dealer was rude after finding out iIdidnt let them do high labor lifter job won't even look at it
Old October 3rd, 2019, 10:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default You saved me

Originally Posted by jphurst36
Sorry for not closing the loop on this post, but in the end after all the troubleshooting I did and the money I wasted on a new fuel pump the issue was a vacuum leak.
There is a plastic tab on the aft passenger side of the plastic intake manifold that looks like the top on a kids fruit juice bottle that got clipped when I removed the engine cover and reinstalled it.
I didn't see it the vacuum leak wasn't very load and it took forever to pin point it. Seems like a poor design, but the fix is simple, just get a quart inch rubber nipple and cap it.
I'll have to take pics and post them so people can get a visual.
All your efforts just saved me from spending a bunch of money. Sure enough I had broken off the tab too. Fixed it. Thanks buddy!
Old January 27th, 2020, 8:47 PM
CF Beginner

so it turns out there is a small little plastic nipple on the passenger side of the plastic intake manifold. when you take the plastic protective cover off you can break that off causing a vacuum leak and thus my issue. used a 1/4 rubber nipple to cap it and all was good.
Old February 25th, 2020, 4:13 PM
CF Beginner

Guys where's the help? I haven't replaced anything yet because I'm not in the business of randomly wasting money on parts that won't fix the problem.
Can anyone help on this???
Buy a Toyota or Nissan I have a 2015 Silverado and My stabilitrac and check engine light flashing I’ve replaced coils plugs and wires fuel injectors just to have same issue now I find out that it possibly the lifters failed causing my piston rings to be damaged and lose compression also at 100000 miles I’ve spent 4000 on a new transmission I’m very pissed with Cheverlet
Old August 3rd, 2021, 8:35 PM
CF Beginner

Default Found the part but it isn't broke off

Originally Posted by Douglas Bailey
All your efforts just saved me from spending a bunch of money. Sure enough I had broken off the tab too. Fixed it. Thanks buddy!
i

Checked that part but not broke off. After I installed a K&N air filter is when I received the codes 171 174 with stabilitrak and traction control messages.
Disconnected negative cable, cleaned MAF, sat for an hour, idled with ac on, idled with ac off in attempt to reset computer.
Ran it and still same problem
Going to try a regular filter again.

Last edited by 1Riesen; August 7th, 2021 at 10:30 AM.
Old April 9th, 2022, 11:19 AM
CF Beginner

So I just signed up for the forum and this is my first post so pardon the long winded explanation, but here it goes.
First off I have an 07 new body silverado 1500 5.3L.
I put an aftermarket intake on it (vararam) and after 4 years of owning the truck I finally got a smog notice. So I took the aftermarket intake off and installed the stock intake. Drove it approximately 2 miles to the smog shop and they guy tells me the check engine light is on and he can't smog it. I say what, it wasn't on when I was driving over here and I only live 2 miles away. He says, well I can't smog it, but I can scan it for free and tell you whats going on. I didn't get the code numbers, but there were 2 codes, bank 1 too lean, bank 2 too lean.
Frustrated I started to drove home and while driving home all of the sudden the service stablitrak, service traction control, stabilitrak off, traction control off indicators.
I've been doing a ton of research on the internet, but haven't found the solution. Yesterday I cleaned the MAF and intake then disconnected the battery to reset the check engine light. After 2 minutes of ruff idle all seemed well, no errors, no check engine light, nothing. Drover it around yesterday and to work this morning with no issues. I finally thought all was well until on my way home the check engine light came back on and shortly after that the rest of the error indicators came on 4-5 times within 5 miles.
I've never had an issue with this vehicle and really want to get this fixed fast before something gets damaged. All of this started after I swapped the stock intake back on the vehicle, it had been sitting in the garage so I thought maybe some dirt got sucked into the MAF and intake and cleaning that would fix everything because I haven't changed anything else, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
PS, i also checked for vacuum leaks, only 1 line to check and no leaks.
check for smoke get a smoke test done
Old February 26th, 2024, 3:23 PM
CF Beginner

I have the same truck/engine and had the exact same issues with stabilitrak, traction control, and too lean 1 & 2. Checked that plastic nipple thanks to this post and ta-da. Thank you jphurst36 for posting this.