Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Cracked Dash on 98 K1500

Old February 15th, 2008, 8:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked Dash on 98 K1500

First off I am new here so if this is out of place or already heavily discussed, just please point me in the right direction.

I have a '98 Chevy K1500. I just noticed a crack in the top part of the dashon the back part ofthe instrument cluster "hump" (I think that explains where it's at). It runs front to back for about 4-5 inches. It's the only crack in the dash. Is there any way to fix this and have it still look good and correct? Or, will I have to cover or replace the entire dash?

Thanks in advance for any help.

JP
Old February 15th, 2008, 9:16 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Cracked Dash on 98 K1500

Your cheapest opition would probably be getting a dash cover. You may be able to get a used dash from a pick-a-part, but I wouldn't know how much they would charge for one or if you could find one in the right color. The nice thing about a dash cover is it helps protect the dash from getting worse or cracking again do to uv rays.
Old February 15th, 2008, 9:24 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: northey87

Your cheapest opition would probably be getting a dash cover. You may be able to get a used dash from a pick-a-part, but I wouldn't know how much they would charge for one or if you could find one in the right color. The nice thing about a dash cover is it helps protect the dash from getting worse or cracking again do to uv rays.
Yeah, I'd thought of that, but when you see a cover you know why it's there, cracks. I just wish there was a way to repair the crack itself.

Thanks.
Old February 15th, 2008, 10:56 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Find yourself a vinyl and leather repair guy in your area. I used to do that kind of work for a few years. If he is any good he should be able to fix you up so that most people would never be able to notice it was repaired.
Old July 1st, 2014, 6:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1998 chevy truck compolete dash removal and replace

Hello my dash is so far gone in my 1998 chevy 1500 that the bezel rattles cause the clips are gone , the whole center part of my dash is missing. where can I get a new one and how does the old one come out. I would love to put a cover on it but there is to many missing connections . I need help. Thanks
The following users liked this post:
David Colburn (September 24th, 2020)