Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Disconnecting ABS module help? Erratic rear wheel sensor signal.

Old November 3rd, 2012, 11:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Disconnecting ABS module help? Erratic rear wheel sensor signal.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Disconnecting ABS module help? Erratic rear wheel sensor signal.

Hi,
According to scans, I have an erratic signal coming from my right rear wheel sensor. I have replaced the sensor and the issue remains. I want to disconnect the harness from the ABS module to test the harness. There appears to be locks in place to lock the harness in place on the ABS module? How does this disconnect? I have a 2007 NNBS Vmax with 7700 LB VAC PWR BRAKES(JD9) and JL4 ACTIVE BRAKE CONTROL(JL4).

Thanks
<!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old November 4th, 2012, 8:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

on the front of the module, push a locking tab in, this will allow you to move the lever up. the connector will back out as the lever moves up.

you can see part of the black plastic lever angled down to the 4 o'clock position in your picture.