Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:14 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Driver's side heated seat turns on by itself

Search this Thread

Old February 24th, 2014, 8:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fishin-frog
2005 2500HD Duramax 6.6L
I've searched and come across several posts that discuss this problem. Some of the comments say they will get back with what the solution was, but I can not find those follow-up comments.
My driver heated seat comes on by itself. I am NOT accidentally hitting the buttons, in fact I have taken video of the heater level indicator lights coming on by themselves.
I bought the door switch which controls the driver seat position and heater from the dealership parts department yesterday and replaced it myself. This did not fix the problem.

Anyone that has experienced this problem and found a solution, would you please let me know what the fix is?

Otherwise, can someone please explain to me how to disable the seat heater? I know that pulling the fuse will not work since it is responsible for more than the heater.
Thanks for your help.
There's a dealer recall

TECHNICALSubject:Intermittent*Heated*Seats*Inopera tive, DTC B3941 Set (Reprogram*Driver*SeatModule)Models:2003-2005 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT2003-2005*Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe2003-2005*GMC Sierra, Yukon,*Yukon*XL,*Yukon DenaliAll with Seat FRT, Individual (Non BKT) (RPO AN3)2003-2005*HUMMER H2*with Seat,*Front Bucket Deluxe*(RPO AR9)ConditionSome customers may comment that occasionally the*seat*heater*will not operate when activated. If the ignition key is cycled OFF and back ON again, the*heated seatwill operate correctly. Also, on some LB7 diesel engine vehicles, the*seat heater*may turn itself off during the first 10 minutes of operation. This occurs only with the first activation for the day and works correctly with subsequent activations immediately after the event. These conditions are intermiffent and DTC B3941 may be set.CorrectionTechnicians are to reprogram the*driver*seat*module*with an updated software calibration. This new service calibration was released with TIS satellite data update version 6.5 available June 13, 2005. As always, make sure your Tech 2(R) is updated with the latest software version.
Old February 24th, 2014, 10:11 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by thigh19
There's a dealer recall

TECHNICALSubject:Intermittent*Heated*Seats*Inopera tive, DTC B3941 Set (Reprogram*Driver*SeatModule)Models:2003-2005 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT2003-2005*Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe2003-2005*GMC Sierra, Yukon,*Yukon*XL,*Yukon DenaliAll with Seat FRT, Individual (Non BKT) (RPO AN3)2003-2005*HUMMER H2*with Seat,*Front Bucket Deluxe*(RPO AR9)ConditionSome customers may comment that occasionally the*seat*heater*will not operate when activated. If the ignition key is cycled OFF and back ON again, the*heated seatwill operate correctly. Also, on some LB7 diesel engine vehicles, the*seat heater*may turn itself off during the first 10 minutes of operation. This occurs only with the first activation for the day and works correctly with subsequent activations immediately after the event. These conditions are intermiffent and DTC B3941 may be set.CorrectionTechnicians are to reprogram the*driver*seat*module*with an updated software calibration. This new service calibration was released with TIS satellite data update version 6.5 available June 13, 2005. As always, make sure your Tech 2(R) is updated with the latest software version.
Yep! My sister had to do this on her truck.
Old June 8th, 2014, 11:22 AM
CF Beginner

Default Driver Side Heated Seat

My '04 Escalade has the same problem and the passenger side heated seats do not work at all. Interestingly enough, mine only come on (and won't turn off) when it gets warm outside and it won't stay on in the cold when I need it. Any advice?
Old April 22nd, 2015, 12:43 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Default Heater

For me: the heater turns on more often if it is raining
Old July 28th, 2015, 2:08 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by thigh19
There's a dealer recall

If you didnt get a notice, how do you go about having them fix this recall?
Old April 30th, 2016, 6:15 PM
CF Beginner

Default Heated seat

My drivers side heater keeps coming on by itself and I have tried the above. Anymore suggestions? 2003 Chevy Avalanche.
Old February 2nd, 2017, 5:00 PM
CF Beginner

Default Green plug under the back right side

Originally Posted by sntbear@yahoo.com
My drivers side heater keeps coming on by itself and I have tried the above. Anymore suggestions? 2003 Chevy Avalanche.
If you want your seat controls to still work and make the heather stop coming on. Reach under the back right side of the drivers seat and unplug the green plug with only 2 wires. This is your heat pad and will stop the problem. But note you want have heated seats anymore.
Old April 11th, 2017, 4:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Amayfield
If you want your seat controls to still work and make the heather stop coming on. Reach under the back right side of the drivers seat and unplug the green plug with only 2 wires. This is your heat pad and will stop the problem. But note you want have heated seats anymore.
Bless you! I have been frying my *** for over two years, and almost running off the road repeatedly trying to keep it turned off! '03 Silverado 4wd big 8.
The following users liked this post:
TruckedUp (December 13th, 2019)
Old May 10th, 2017, 8:04 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by fishin-frog
2005 2500HD Duramax 6.6L
I've searched and come across several posts that discuss this problem. Some of the comments say they will get back with what the solution was, but I can not find those follow-up comments.
My driver heated seat comes on by itself. I am NOT accidentally hitting the buttons, in fact I have taken video of the heater level indicator lights coming on by themselves.
I bought the door switch which controls the driver seat position and heater from the dealership parts department yesterday and replaced it myself. This did not fix the problem.

Anyone that has experienced this problem and found a solution, would you please let me know what the fix is?

Otherwise, can someone please explain to me how to disable the seat heater? I know that pulling the fuse will not work since it is responsible for more than the heater.
Thanks for your help.
this is an older post; but I've had this problem for over a year. Here is the fix - If you want your seat controls to still work and make the heather stop coming on. Reach under the back right side of the drivers seat and unplug the green plug with only 2 wires. This is your heat pad and will stop the problem. But note you won't have heated seats anymore. Hope this helps!
Old July 22nd, 2017, 11:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fixed this problem on my 2WD 2003 Chevy Suburban LT (heated driver seat would turn on and cycle through by itself, more predominant when damp out.) by installing new master window switch cluster. Original part number was no longer available and was superseded to #15883319 There are several IC chips on this module that control the voltage to the seat heater relays. It does not require any programing. The heated seat switch cluster runs through this module. I followed these threads and did as much research and trouble shooting as possible and the fix is the switch cluster. Don't go used part. Hope this helps.
The following users liked this post:
Molico (December 21st, 2020)

Quick Reply: Driver's side heated seat turns on by itself