Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:14 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Driver's side heated seat turns on by itself

Search this Thread

Old December 19th, 2017, 12:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stephen Rich
this is an older post; but I've had this problem for over a year. Here is the fix - If you want your seat controls to still work and make the heather stop coming on. Reach under the back right side of the drivers seat and unplug the green plug with only 2 wires. This is your heat pad and will stop the problem. But note you won't have heated seats anymore. Hope this helps!
If this is done, will the lights on the door still activate showing that it is cycling the power or turning on the seat heater? I am trying to diagnose this intermittent problem. For safety I want to disconnect the heater so it is not roasting me, and I may disconnect the switch pins trying to diagnose switch vs door module and that will make it so I cannot rurn them off if they come on on their own..
Old July 12th, 2018, 12:08 PM
CF Beginner

Unhappy 2005 Silverado 2500HD heated seat malfunction

All the lights on the drivers side heated seat switches automatically activate periodically, but only the back of the seat gets hot. This can happen any day at any time, no matter the weather conditions. HELP!
Old February 26th, 2019, 11:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@chrismccoChevy is DEAD on. I have read a lot of people trying to replace the Heated Seat controls/module. That didn't work for me. This did. Get part 15883319 for the Drivers side (2004 Avalanche) and all problems go away. I now have an extra Heated Seat module Learned the hard way.
The following users liked this post:
jeffwiggins (January 19th, 2021)
Old March 10th, 2019, 10:59 PM
CF Beginner

Anyone having this problem also have intermittent battery drain issues? 2004 Avalanche that keeps having battery drain, but can never get a reading during a parasitic drain test. After charging battery tonight, I noticed heated seat lights on. Ignition not on. Heck, the keys were in the house at the time.

Molico (December 21st, 2020)
Old April 28th, 2019, 8:52 AM
CF Beginner

Default Disable the heated seat

Originally Posted by fishin-frog
2005 2500HD Duramax 6.6L
I've searched and come across several posts that discuss this problem. Some of the comments say they will get back with what the solution was, but I can not find those follow-up comments.
My driver heated seat comes on by itself. I am NOT accidentally hitting the buttons, in fact I have taken video of the heater level indicator lights coming on by themselves.
I bought the door switch which controls the driver seat position and heater from the dealership parts department yesterday and replaced it myself. This did not fix the problem.
Un
Anyone that has experienced this problem and found a solution, would you please let me know what the fix is?

Otherwise, can someone please explain to me how to disable the seat heater? I know that pulling the fuse will not work since it is responsible for more than the heater.
Thanks for your help.
Unplug the green plug under the drivers side seat to disable
Old December 21st, 2020, 11:59 AM
CF Beginner

I replaced the DDM (Drivers Door Module) which was part #15883318 (for my 2004 Silverado 1500 LT extended cab version). I had all the same problems; parasitic draw, seat heaters cycling without being touched, and even a slow passenger side window, all while raining or period of high humidity/dampness. New part installed for a week now with consistent rain and humidity outside and problems are gone. A big thanks to chrismccochevy for the tip.
Old January 5th, 2021, 10:55 AM
CF Beginner

The switch that activates in the door when the door is fully closed (when the door engages that U bolt looking latch) is what triggers it. It's the same switch that extinguishes the door panel light, the one at the bottom. If you're riding and it starts turning on open your door slightly, until that door light on the bottom of the door turns on, and it will work as advertised. I'm still trying to figure out why that switch is the culprit. You can duplicate with the door opened and closing door latch. Tech Service at the dealer thinks it's the door to chassis wiring. My troubleshooting spidy sense tells me no.
edub (February 10th, 2022)
Old January 12th, 2021, 6:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just want to add what I found to work

I had the issue where my driver’s seat heater would continually turn itself on and change heat settings on its own. I also had an issue with my mirrors not adjusting properly. I took the main switch module apart and thoroughly cleaned the two circuit boards inside the module with electronic friendly cleaner. The module comes apart easily. Just be careful with the plastic clips. I put it back together and now the mirrors adjust properly AND my driver’s seat heater is NOT turning itself on anymore. The seat heater works like it should. I just wanted to leave this here to maybe help someone in the future.

Originally Posted by in2pro
Here are some troubleshooting documents...
The heated switch documents do not indicate any programming needed, however if as you stated the master window switch is replaced then program may be needed depending on options installed. (this doc is too big to attached)
The following 2 users liked this post by jkdavis32:
dougo55 (December 7th, 2022), edub (February 10th, 2022)
Old February 10th, 2022, 9:27 AM
CF Beginner

Default not crazy

would like to email you for a little help and promise that I am not a stalker..........but my seat seems possessed
dougo55 (December 7th, 2022)
Old March 31st, 2022, 9:12 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Jesse Stohrer
The switch that activates in the door when the door is fully closed (when the door engages that U bolt looking latch) is what triggers it. It's the same switch that extinguishes the door panel light, the one at the bottom. If you're riding and it starts turning on open your door slightly, until that door light on the bottom of the door turns on, and it will work as advertised. I'm still trying to figure out why that switch is the culprit. You can duplicate with the door opened and closing door latch. Tech Service at the dealer thinks it's the door to chassis wiring. My troubleshooting spidy sense tells me no.
I have the exact same problem on a 2005 Avalanche. It was driving me crazy. I replaced a heating element, and thought it was fixed. All my testing worked...but my driver side door was open. Then when i hopped in the truck and drove it the seat heater on the drivers side would cycle on and off by itself. I opened the door and it stopped. I pushed in the bolt lock on the door, the interior lights went off and the seat heater started to cycle on and off again. Has anyone find a solution to this problem?
dougo55 (December 7th, 2022)

Quick Reply: Driver's side heated seat turns on by itself