Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Dual Exhaust Solution...

Search this Thread

Old December 23rd, 2005, 10:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Exhaust Solution...

I just bought a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado and want to install dual exhuasts. However, I do not like the look of dual pipes coming out of the rear. I'd like to know the best solution to this problem. Can the pipes be dumped? Can the pipes be cut to hide them? If anyone knows the answer, please let me know! Thanks, everyone!!
Old December 25th, 2005, 1:42 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Dual Exhaust Solution...

you could have turn downs after the rear axle or the exhaust could exit on the side instedad of the back like infront of the rear tires
Old April 17th, 2006, 5:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default Dual Exhaust Solution...

I just got the Gibson Dual Extreme for my 2001 with a 5.3. It helped the power a lot, not sure on the fuel economy yet, and they sound great. But, it has two pipes that stick out the sides right behind the rear tires. The best price I could find was www.jegs.com and any 4 wheel parts store matches price so I picked it up the next day. Very easy install, also. It only took a few hours.
Old May 29th, 2006, 7:58 PM
CF Beginner

i cut my pipes off a few inches after the muffler on my old truck. it sounds great, better fuel economy and no one can find the pipe inless they get under the truck. my only problem was finding out what the legal limit was for my state.
Old May 30th, 2006, 3:43 PM
CF Junior Member

only thing i can tell you is watch your local emissions regulations........given some people do not follow them. but if there are inspections like there used to be in ohio and i know there are in utah you can only run a cat back as far as i know.......i guess you could run to converters? but www.truckaddons.com and www.stylinconcepts.com have a good deal of exhaust stuff. so does www.summitracing.com