Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 12:15 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Error Code #P1516 Class Action

Search this Thread

Old March 27th, 2014, 8:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

2 separate concerns, 2 separate tsbs, one for each code. the tp sensor and ecm reprogram is for the 2135. If the tp sensor is not available, the fix is to replace the complete throttle body.

Last edited by tech2; March 27th, 2014 at 8:43 PM.
Old November 13th, 2014, 11:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Silverado vehicle. Have you had the vehicle diagnosed for this issue? I would be happy to look into this further for you. If you would like me to proceed, please PM your VIN.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service[/QUOTE]

Can I send u my vin so u can look it up I'm having this same problem
Old November 14th, 2014, 3:56 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hello Tamkaj,

I apologize that you seem to be experiencing some concerns with your vehicle. You certainly send us your VIN and any other information to us in a private message. We look forward to your response.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old January 2nd, 2015, 10:21 PM
CF Beginner

I need help! Suffering from the same nightmare as stated above. Car stalls on the highway- I limp to the side- wait 4 min- start it back up and drive to the dealership where they charge me $400 to clean the injectors- etc- As of now- the car has stalled on INT 405 6 times- making me veer across lanes to the shoulder- this is about to become a law suit! Will someone please help me and my dealership- ( Martin Chev in Torrance CA ) find the solution- This is my 3rd Silverado- don't want it to be my last. I just paid it off. Stalled 6 times this AM as I made my way to the dealer again- Stabilitrak Off- Traction Control Off- Engine Power Diminished- no duh. I learned more about this problem on my phone while talking to my confused service rep than he did- finally had to show him on his computer the p1516 code- throttle actuator problem- info that comes up. I need a quarter back. Please offer any hope you may have.
Old January 3rd, 2015, 6:44 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Nothup747
I need help! Suffering from the same nightmare as stated above. Car stalls on the highway- I limp to the side- wait 4 min- start it back up and drive to the dealership where they charge me $400 to clean the injectors- etc- As of now- the car has stalled on INT 405 6 times- making me veer across lanes to the shoulder- this is about to become a law suit! Will someone please help me and my dealership- ( Martin Chev in Torrance CA ) find the solution- This is my 3rd Silverado- don't want it to be my last. I just paid it off. Stalled 6 times this AM as I made my way to the dealer again- Stabilitrak Off- Traction Control Off- Engine Power Diminished- no duh. I learned more about this problem on my phone while talking to my confused service rep than he did- finally had to show him on his computer the p1516 code- throttle actuator problem- info that comes up. I need a quarter back. Please offer any hope you may have.
My problem was fixed (so far) by the dealership replacing the throttle body and then updating/reprogramming the ECM, 633 bucks later. It has been 10 months since it happened last, but i am still waiting to be stuck on the side of the road again. In my opinion, all dealerships are a bunch of crooks.
Old January 4th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Hampstar7
In my opinion, all dealerships are a bunch of crooks.
They fixed it right and your mad.
Why do you have your vehicle serviced there then? Makes no sense to me.

Last edited by tech2; January 4th, 2015 at 10:34 AM.
Old January 24th, 2015, 3:41 PM
CF Beginner

After multiple winters (only does it below about 55deg) and a few different mechanics (each unable to figure it out) I have come up with a work around until it gets warm out or the next mechanic can finally find the real issue. I have figured out that it would always happen in similar locations which all happened to be a reduced load situations (cresting hills mainly). I have found that if I am always accelerating or coasting with gas pedal fully released it doesn't happen. I have been doing this for a few weeks with no issue (would happen multiple times daily) and I guess will have to continue atleast until it goes into the shop again next week. Ironically this reduces my gas mileage exactly the opposite of what this system was supposed to do.
Old February 17th, 2015, 10:22 PM
CF Beginner

Fixed mine, thank you Lord. I cleaned the Throttle body connector and replaced Throttle body with a new NAPA part # ETB103. It was a easy fix. Hope this will help someone.
Old August 4th, 2015, 12:22 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same issue

320,000 miles; but 2 years ago put a brand new engine in it. BAM!! This reduced engine power crap started happening. I've replaced both throttle position sensors, plus the pedal position sensor, the pig tail to the throttle body. We even tried the re grounded it trick. So what's the fix? You said you have a fix. Because I have MS & climbing up and down off my Ranchhand bumper is going to kill me. And I can only drive 15-30 miles at a time on a good day. I've owned NOTHING but Chevy trucks from my 1959 Apache with the straight 6, to my 84 with the 6 inch lift and the 350. But this strictly Chevy girl is about to replace my truck with a FORD. I'm sick of this. So, what's the fix?
Old August 26th, 2015, 11:41 AM
CF Beginner

Default P1516 Code / Throttle Position

Hey all,

Was just browsing this forum and thought I would share my two cents. I experience the same loss of engine power issue about 3 years ago, OBD code p1516 came up defining problem as something to do with throttle position, however, my code reader also reads ABS issues and I also came up with code C2040 which is related to an ABS sensor ( one on each front hub). Well as it turns out I had a front wheel bearing going out which threw the sensor off and led to the reduced engine power issue and the p1516 throttle position code, replaced bearings which came with new sensors and problem was fixed for 3 years.

Two days ago issue resurfaced (p1516 code) although I again ran full diagnostics on all codes and sure enough I have the same C2040 ABS code again so I believe I have a bad ABS sensor, I've read that these sensors are very sensitive to position and even a little rust in the area can throw them off. I will report back after changing both sensors.

Quick Reply: Error Code #P1516 Class Action