Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Finding parts for 2000 Chevy K2500 Crew Cab 4x4

Search this Thread

Old October 4th, 2012, 11:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finding parts for 2000 Chevy K2500 Crew Cab 4x4

Howdy y'all,

I have me a very nice 2000 Chevy K2500 Crew cab 4x4 7.4L that I need parts for and I can't find any. I just got the truck. It is the old body style. I need diffrent wheels the geniouses whom had it before ruined the truck by puttin hidious to me wheels. This is my first Chevy ever I a primarily a Ford guy but I love this body style Chevy and when I found it I couldn't resist it. I won't be hauling much but maybe my 26 ft travel trailer bumper pull and a horse trailer. Maybe a boat once in a while my 99 F350 gets the harder beating. Anyways what I am looking for is door handel for the inner drivers door, wheels would like to keep 16 inch and go after market but can't find a dealer, the lid for the middle seat/console mine is a tan leather interior. Also would like to have it repainted the same color it is like a gold color It looks close to a previous ford I had and they called it Arizona beige mettalic.
Thanks for any help,
Travis
Old October 5th, 2012, 12:33 AM
CF Junior Member

Hey Travis, Not trying to second guess you, but have you tried to contact the previous owner(s) and see if they still have the original wheels and may be the console cover. An uphostery shop can most likely repair the cover or you could paint it with rattle cans. I do see that your truck is 13 years old, but I would think that you could find wheels some where. Is this 8 lug wheels?

Wishing you good luck on getting this truck like you want it.
Old October 5th, 2012, 12:15 PM
CF Beginner

Howdy Skeeter I bought the truck from a dealer and don't know the Previous owners so no way of getting them. Also Skeeter I am having problems finding wheels for the old body style 2000 I can only find them for the new body style I don't know if thier is a diffrence or not in bolt pattern. Yes it is a 8 lug pattern. But ya my biggest problem is finding parts for the old body style not newer body style. I just also thought about maybe adding a cover over the bed I forgot what they call them but they are flat and cover the bed. Before I thought about a truck box but my 99 F350 already has one.
Travis
Old October 5th, 2012, 5:02 PM
CF Senior Member

Well in reference to parts I have had extremely good luck on rockautoparts.com they have just about everything. I had an old 93 dakota and got new springs(couldn't find em anywhere) and couple little other knick knack things that are typically hard to find.I now have a 99 z71 and have bought all kinds of stuff like head lights and different parts and they are pretty good quality depending on what you get and priced pretty well. Im not sure about the cover but you should be able to find rims for the truck. I believe the bed cover your looking for is a tonneau cover.

Hope this site i recommend gets you what you looking for.
Old October 5th, 2012, 9:54 PM
CF Beginner

Hey, dodge 8 lug and Chevy 8 lug is the same bolt pattern so u can look through dodge wheels as well, found a nice set for my 2002 1500hd 8 lug on Craigslist (Micky Thomson). All 8 lug Chevy rims are the same pattern along with dodge and older style ford rims. I also found my extang tonneau cover for mine off Craigslist in perfect shape for 50 bucks (it's the soft cover) but found a lot of the hard covers from 100 to 800 depending on style and shape. As for body parts I don't know what type of budget you have but here is a site for them
http://www.lmctruck.com/features/ce/ce-2000-chevy-silverado-2500-parts.htm Here is a nice set of wheels I pulled up quick on Craigslist that with fit your truck. http://scranton.craigslist.org/pts/3264871232.html. Oh and the color of you truck is either doeskin tan or Sunset Medium Gold Metallic

Last edited by Chevydave86; October 5th, 2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old October 6th, 2012, 12:55 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you all I have found parts at a local junkyard and stock wheels will be putting them on. Other then the Tonnuea cover I will be holding off for a few months then later I will be getting it I found a company locally that sells them.
Travis
Old October 7th, 2012, 3:22 PM
CF Beginner

Howdy all,
Something ended up coming up today. My family woke up to go to church this morning and my Ford Excursion wouldn't start thought it was the battery and tried jumping it with the 2000 Chevy but nothing. So I took the Chevy into church and right after church I drug the Excursion into the mechanic didn't have time to deal with it this morning. Mechanic called me told me almost all the fuel system is bad. I don't get how but it is gonna cost me alot of $$$$ ($3k) to fix it. So my 1999 I decided I will drive for work and have my wife drive the 2000 Chevy around till I get the money to fix the excursion. So in order to have it proper for my wife and kids for a daily driver I need to get some better tires on it I want to run 285 75 R16 tires that are good in snow and mud yet will be able to haul when needed. What is the best tires out thier that will be good. My wife does alot of highway driving so we need something that won't burn up fast.
Trav