Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

First Time Chevy owner

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2012, 12:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Time Chevy owner

Just bought a 2007 1500 silverado with 107000. For 9000. I'm not sure if I over paid but the truck sounds and looks brand new. It has a v6 4.3 engine. I was wondering how much can it tow? It has a hitch and all the wireing but it looks like it's never been used. How can I tell if it has a trans cooler or oil cooler? Does it have a fuel filter I can change? I know I'll have a lot more questions in the future. This forum is a great source of information. Thanks
Old August 28th, 2012, 9:33 AM
CF Beginner

First time chevy owner also, just bought an 05 silverado z71 last week, such a clean truck but has 239k miles on her, paid $4500, my questions will be soon to follow as well
Old August 28th, 2012, 6:10 PM
CF Active Member

Trans cooler would be mounted on the grill side (outside) of the radiator with two lines connected to it. About the size of a full sheet of paper. Towing compacity should be listed in the owners manual. If it came with the tow package there should be a tow/haul button on the end of the gear shifter as well. Fuel filter is part of the fuel pump assembly and cannot be changed individually. At least this is how it is on my 2004. anyone with a 2007 can confirm or correct me.
Old August 31st, 2012, 11:09 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Homermex
Just bought a 2007 1500 silverado with 107000. For 9000. I'm not sure if I over paid but the truck sounds and looks brand new. It has a v6 4.3 engine. I was wondering how much can it tow? It has a hitch and all the wireing but it looks like it's never been used. How can I tell if it has a trans cooler or oil cooler? Does it have a fuel filter I can change? I know I'll have a lot more questions in the future. This forum is a great source of information. Thanks
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Homermex,

Congratulations on the new Silverado! If you would like, please PM me your VIN and I would be happy to assist you with your questions.

Louis
GM Customer Service