Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Fuel system control module

Search this Thread

Old June 4th, 2019, 11:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are the symptoms for a faulty fuel system controlmodule?My 2007 Chevy Silverado

Originally Posted by evan09
I found a chaffed wire. Repaired the wire and fixed my problem.

Thanks for the help.
07 5.3 are these the actual symptoms of a fuel system control module failure? Truck won’t idle random misfire PO 300 Seems to run smoother at higher rpm’s also hard shift between first and second gear sometimes hard starting using more fuel than normal almost double! Ok changed module no difference Had truck scan today. Mechanic said I needed new O2 sensor today sensor one bank one so replaced it. This helped with fuel problem is better but he says it has a Random misfire in cylinder 5&7

Last edited by byron nygren; June 11th, 2019 at 8:58 PM. Reason: Wanting to know if the vehicle will run without fuel system control module working 100%
Old June 4th, 2019, 11:40 PM
CF Beginner

Default Does fuel system control module need to be programmed by dealer

Originally Posted by Dominick67
I own a 2008 Silverado 5.3 liter 4x4. My fule system control module fuse keeps blowing. I have read that there are problems/recalls on these modules for Chevy's. My question: Does anyone know the location of this module on my truck? I have read that it is above the spare tire by the bumper. Also, the dealer said that it may need to be programmed to the engine control module of the truck (should a new one be installed). Any input would be welcome.
Why would these things need to be programmed wouldn’t they come that way I guess what I’m asking are they plug and play

Last edited by byron nygren; June 5th, 2019 at 12:01 AM.
Old June 5th, 2019, 8:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

short answer...most of gm modules are generic....you program them to match the build.
Old December 23rd, 2019, 12:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2008 silverado

Originally Posted by evan09
They diagnosed it, but couldn't tell me the exact problem. They told me it could have been either my FSCM, or my fuse box is corroded. They offered to replace both parts for a pretty penny but unable to guarantee a fix. So i'm reluctant to return to the dealer, yes.

It seems as though the truck is shuddering due to lack of fuel when I accelerate? Also, when I started it this evening I noticed it turned over a few times before firing up. That makes me believe it's not getting enough fuel as well.

Have you resolved the issue? I am having similar issues with my 2008 Silverado. I replaced the fuel pump and now have loss of power, wont exceed 4000 rpms and does a slight shutter when accelerating
Old August 30th, 2020, 1:01 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 09silverad0
I have an 09 Silverado with the 5.3, it shut off on me had it towed to the dealer where they told me it was my fuel pump. I replaced the pump and my engine light was still on. I was then told it was the fuel flow control module. I replaced this and my light is still on. Truck runs good I'm just getting terrible gas mileage
where did you find the fuel pump control module? My i can't find mine. 09 tahoe.
Old June 7th, 2021, 4:40 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Jarvis Handy
where did you find the fuel pump control module? My i can't find mine. 09 tahoe.
same here! Just bought a 2009 silverado 1500 4x4 5.3 from fleet auction. It died on my so I towed it home and hooked it for my scanner which read failure to comunicate with fpcm. Put it on the hoist and it is nowhere to be found. I'm really beating my head against the wall on this 1! Any tips or leads on where it could be would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old June 23rd, 2021, 7:34 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by justin kitelinger
same here! Just bought a 2009 silverado 1500 4x4 5.3 from fleet auction. It died on my so I towed it home and hooked it for my scanner which read failure to comunicate with fpcm. Put it on the hoist and it is nowhere to be found. I'm really beating my head against the wall on this 1! Any tips or leads on where it could be would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

On SUVS (YUKON TAHOE ESCALADE) under the driver seat in front of the gas tank. On trucks it should be under spare tire or in same place as SUVs