Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Full Body Wrap

Search this Thread

Old September 4th, 2012, 8:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Body Wrap

Hi, i was wondering if anyone could tell me how much vinyl wrap i would need to wrap my entire truck. It is a 2005 1500 Crew Cab. The vinyl i plan on purchasing is the 3M 1080 Gloss White (3M). I know that they have an approx. for a SUV of abt 65ft x 5ft but I wasn't sure if all of that is needed for my truck.

Not the best pic but just a quick one i found

Thanks for the help in advance
Old September 4th, 2012, 11:16 PM
CF Active Member

I have no clue how much it'd cost, but im just curious why?
get on the google and search auto vinyl, then click on maps, zoom in to your area, then start slowly zooming out, watch the side for any names that pop up that might be one locally to you
Old September 5th, 2012, 3:25 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the response, the reason why i want to vinyl wrap my truck is just because I am wanting to change the color to white but don't want the permanent change of a paint job and it will also act as a layer to protect the original paint (which has some minor flaws/imperfections that i want to hide). And thanks for the suggestion, i never thought of doing that. As for the cost, i am going to attempt doing this with a buddy of mine just to try my hand at it.
Old September 20th, 2017, 3:06 AM
CF Beginner

Yeah vehicle wraps are the best solution to hide flaws/imperfections on your vehicle. Also you can change the color to white without spending a lot of money as the vehicle wraps are quite affordable. You can find many local shops providing this service.
Old December 27th, 2018, 12:37 PM
CF Beginner

Hi! I see that this is a little older of a post, but for future reference:

For a truck that size, I would say around 75 ft or more for extra wiggle room. Also remember that when ordering vinyl wrap, if it comes from a different batch, it could vary in color because of the printer/ink changing. Always order extra just in case!

For finding installers, I would recommend using Wrap Local. It is a great resource for finding installers in your area. Here is a link: https://www.metrorestyling.com/WrapLocal-s/361768.htm