Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/)
-   -   Good all terrain tires (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/good-all-terrain-tires-38342/)

McGirr87 December 14th, 2010 11:40 PM

Good all terrain tires

New to the forum Just bought an 07 NBS Silverado LT with the 5.3 and I was looking into some new all terrain tires but am not sure what is the best all around tire for the money. I don't want to get to far away from the stock size of the tire 265/65/18. Thanks

gotstylez December 15th, 2010 8:28 AM

a few people on the forum use BFG a/t...i'v read a couple reviews and they were pretty good..most get 50k+ miles outta them...and they do pretty good in the mud..my friend had a set

confidencebuddy December 15th, 2010 9:16 AM

I really like my good year wrangler duratracs, they have a nice aggressive sidewall and the tread is between a mud terrain and all terrain and on the road there really quite compared to alot of mud terrrain tires.

country_09 December 15th, 2010 11:04 AM

BFG all terrain all the way....one of the best tires i've used on and off road. They get pretty good treadwear. I used a set for almost 65k before i got the toyo mt.

McGirr87 December 15th, 2010 11:58 AM

How is the Road noise on the BFG? Do they handle well in the snow?

Mille Racer 69 December 15th, 2010 2:35 PM

Have have read consumer reviews on just about every all terrain tire ans BF Goodrich all terrain a/t's got
The best reviews hands down. Inexpensive, great mud, snow, and wet surface traction, long lasting,
Nice aggressive look but not obnoxiously loud road noise... And I can get a set of 4 for about $650 off
Of the internet.

tsduke December 15th, 2010 2:50 PM

In addition to the BFG I like the Bridgestone Revo. They aren't as heavy and more quiet on the road.

Brandon Lee December 15th, 2010 4:59 PM

Alot of people like BGF All Terrains or Rugged Trails. But for those who know what there talking about, go with Nitto Terra Grapplers. You were concerned about the snow, Nitto Terra Grapplers have the highest rated handling in the snow. I have a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers, and ive had a set of BFG A/T so I can vouch for them. Here's how I would compare them.

-On the road, they are fairly close. They both hardly make any sound at all, and both handled very well. The BFG's had a little tiny bit of a skidding problem and I spun my wheels frequently when the roads were wet, but it was not a noticable problem.

-In snow, the Nitto's are quite a bit better. The BFG's werent bad, but compared to the Nittos they sucked.

-In mud, the Nitto's dominate. I cant say enough about the mud traction of the Nitto's. I have a 2WD V6 truck and because of my grip on my tires I can get through some stuff that V8 4WD trucks cant with their crappy tires.

-In apperance, they are fairly close, dependant upon what you like. I personally like the Nitto's better, because of their sidewall design. It gives them a more aggressive look. Some people like the clean look of the BFG's better. You'll just have to check out some pictures

-In cost, they are fairly the same. I think the BFG's are like $15 cheaper per tire. But for having tires for that long, the $60 extra for the entire set is well worth it.

In short, I highly advise looking into Nitto Terra Grapplers.

Because your tires are 265 I assume you have a 4WD truck. I would reccomend getting 285/60/R18's. If you do then you will be amazed with the results.

6LCHEVYZ71 December 15th, 2010 5:54 PM

Another vote for BFG All-Terrains hands down! You won't find a better all around tire.
Nittos will wear much quicker & are louder. but they look bad a$$

tsduke December 15th, 2010 7:59 PM

Look at the reviews on Tire Rack. Revo 2's rate higher.