Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Good Deal & Diesel Question

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2007, 1:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Deal & Diesel Question

Im looking on to find a 4x4 diesel, Anyway i Came across a 1994 Chev 2500 4x4 6.5 Trubo Diesel, Auto, Reg Cab, Long box. Truck Has 220,000kms. Ive talked the owner down to $5500 Canadian. Truck looks in great except the back corners of the bed are loose(im not worryed). I Have no experice with diesel before. Is this a good motor or should i go with a dodge(be fair with this question). Is this a good Deal?. Anything i should look out for?. Glow plugs warm up with 10 sec when its about 35 F degrees out.

Thanks
Old May 19th, 2007, 1:42 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Good Deal & Diesel Question

Also the truck has 33" on black racing rims, and a K&N filter. Might have some other small mods but thats all i know.

Old May 19th, 2007, 4:43 PM
CF Junior Member

Looks good to me i would just check over the truck and if you have anyone you can take with you have them look at it also. I have seen mini gas trucks with that many miles and they run fine. So i would think the dieselwould last alot longer.
Old May 19th, 2007, 5:36 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

first thing is pop the oil cap off and see if it is puffing smoke back thru...it it is walk away, also listen for bottom end knocking, this is usually related to the smoke thing.....for the most part depending on who you talk to the old 6.5 were AWSOME, however they did havee some issues, with that many kms, check it out good. Diesel or not that is a lot of KMS

wher is this truck at, and what was it used for...., as far as a dodge, depends on what modle and engine as well, they were not know for the over abundance of power, however some people will say the Cummings,are marginally more reliable in OLDER diesels, not the new ones, GM walks away with taht trophy