Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Gurgling/Moving liquid sound in Dash

Search this Thread

Old February 18th, 2007, 12:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gurgling/Moving liquid sound in Dash

I have a 2003 Silverado w/ 26k miles. I have alway's heard a gurgling sound in the dash. It sounds like it is in the passengers side, but I hear it quite often, and alway's have. The dealership told me right after I got this truck, that it was normal. Is this correct? Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be, and if there isa fix?
Old February 18th, 2007, 1:10 AM
CF Pro Member

Default RE: Gurgling/Moving liquid sound in Dash

Sounds like you have air trapped in the cooling system.
Old February 19th, 2007, 11:41 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Gurgling/Moving liquid sound in Dash

I have an 2000 and it does the same thing. It has done it since it was new. I hear it maybe once a month if that.
Old August 26th, 2014, 7:01 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this worked for me, got rid of gurgle.

i got a PRESTONE garden hose flush kit (has adapters+hose clamps). installed it at highest point (with upward pull) on hose that goes from upper engine to heater core.

filled it there and got a burp. later ran engine (FROM COLD) with cap off, after a cough of fluid, level slowly rose as if i were filling at old style radiator cap with funnel. (unsure if part 2 was necessary)

started, no gurgle, drove, no gurgle. change climate, no gurgle. only with a good rev did i hear a slight noise (it was as bad as any gurgle before). and all said and done took only minutes.

i think it's just a sunday repair issue, just noise. i think due to silverado 1500 design (hoses high) and block design that no air is trapped in engine (no overheat air pocket syndrom).

i've heard so many with same problem i assume (and hope) it's not head gasket (i believe i have no milky oil, sure no oil in coolant, can't see in (if bubble in coolant) (2/3 ?), already did intake gasket, there's no water on floor this worked for me, got rid of gurgle.

i got a PRESTONE garden hose flush kit. installed it at highest point (with upward pull) on hose that goes from upper engine to heater core.

filled it there and got a burp. later ran engine (FROM COLD) with cap off, after a cough of fluid, level slowly rose as if i were filling at old style radiator cap with funnel. (unsure if part 2 was necessary)

started, no gurgle, drove, no gurgle. change climate, no gurgle. only with a good rev did i hear a slight noise (it was as bad as any gurgle before)

i think it's just a sunday repair issue, just noise. i think due to silverado 1500 design (hoses high) and block design that no air is trapped in engine (no overheat air pocket syndrom).

i've heard so many with same problem i assume (and hope) it's not head gasket (i believe i have no milky oil (had some after intake repair but had spilled some coolant in - none on dipstick now i'm sure), sure no oil in coolant, can't see in (if bubble in coolant) (2/3 ?), already did intake gasket, there's no water on floor, unsure if air is getting in rad system from heater or hoses: that i'll know after i get the gurgle out if it comes back!)

hope that helps

Last edited by silverado 1500 2001; August 26th, 2014 at 7:03 PM.