Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Help :/

Old August 12th, 2012, 7:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help :/

hi,
im new to the form so hope im in the right place. i have 1992 gmc 1/2 ton pickup 2wd 4.3liter.im havin issuse's with it not starting first i had to spray starting fluid in it and it would run great no stalling missing or anything,then it would ramdomly shut off and would not start so i replaced the fuel filter no luck then replaced the fuel pump and sending unit and it started right up so i figured problem fixed so i drove it for 30 mins got it home shut it off wont start again so i sprayed starting fluid in it still would'nt start.so went and replaced the fuel injectors still no start so i replaced the fuel pump relay still wouldnt start so i went and bought a ingtion control module it started right up drove it for 3 days then it started acting up again.now when i crank it the fuel injectors wont work so i checked to see if i was getting fuel pressure and its getting fuel to the throttle body..

i might want to mention i went and got a computer for it from the scrap yard and it wouldnt start so i plugged the old one back in and it started right up. then it wouldnt start back up agian after i shut it off.. this truck has me stumped and any help would be nice
Old August 13th, 2012, 5:47 AM
Former Sponsor

did you checked the spark plugs?
Old August 13th, 2012, 7:49 AM
CF Monarch

Received 335 Likes on 316 Posts

Sounds like a loose connection. Check the wiring harness under the hood and look for any loose connections or frayed wiring.
Old August 13th, 2012, 10:52 AM
CF Active Member

instead of just throwing all kinds of money at this thing, find out whats wrong with it.... test for spark, test your fuel pressure, check your idle control valve, no check engine light?, check the timing.... basically analyze the engine before you start replacing all kinds of parts, unless you like buying lots of parts. you can buy a spark tester for about 10 bucks at nearly any autoparts store, a fuel pressure tester just ask around im sure someone has one in their tool box that you know, your idle control valve if it hasn't been replaced in 5 years then just replace it it's cheap but essential