Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 1:05 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting
Print Wikipost

Help with L.E.D third brake light installation

Search this Thread

Old January 7th, 2011, 1:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ugh nevermind on that. It works but it doesnt work right.

So the light ONLY works if the light on the inside of the truck is turned on and the beaks are being hit. If the break is NOT being pushed but the light IS on it doesnt turn on. Only works if the break is being pushed AND the light is turned on.

So ignore my last post. Ill figure this out. Ill post it when I do. Any advice would be nice to. If anyone has any.
Old January 8th, 2011, 4:20 AM
CF Beginner

alright so I got it this time and I double checked it and here it is.

Take 2 connectors and put the brown wire on the socket for the cargo light section and put it in the same side and put the blue wire into the other side.

Take the black wires and do the same then connect it to the white wire. Your gonna have to test this part here with a meter or by touching wires and having somebody hitting the cargo lighys. To figure out which white wire to use.

Now test your cargo lamps to make sure this is working. If it is tape them up and your good to go.

Now for the break light.
Now take the black wire and connect it to the black wire coming off the truck. And take the red wire and connect it to the white wire. Now have somebody hit the breaks and make sure it lights up. If it does tape it up and your good to go.
Old January 8th, 2011, 8:50 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by brendon557
alright so I got it this time and I double checked it and here it is.

Take 2 connectors and put the brown wire on the socket for the cargo light section and put it in the same side and put the blue wire into the other side.

Take the black wires and do the same then connect it to the white wire. Your gonna have to test this part here with a meter or by touching wires and having somebody hitting the cargo lighys. To figure out which white wire to use.

Now test your cargo lamps to make sure this is working. If it is tape them up and your good to go.

Now for the break light.
Now take the black wire and connect it to the black wire coming off the truck. And take the red wire and connect it to the white wire. Now have somebody hit the breaks and make sure it lights up. If it does tape it up and your good to go.
Brendon, now you know why I was so adamant about the meter. They can save you a lot of time and head aches. I am glad it worked out for you. Send pics

Eric
Old November 15th, 2011, 10:50 PM
CF Beginner

it dont work... and i dont understand what you meant when tying to hook up the cargo lights... so i hooked the browns up to the the blue and the blacks to the white and nothing and i tried every possible combo and nothing... but no fuses are blown either... help please?
Old March 31st, 2014, 5:02 PM
CF Beginner

My apologies for opening an old post but this is exactly what I purchased and I am on the hunt for the sockets that go in the cargo lamp location. I didn't see where you found them can someone reply to where to go to get the sockets. Thank you 98sRgreat, your post is exactly what I was looking for.

Stude31