Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old July 27th, 2015, 1:18 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

2012 Silverado - Radio High pitch constant ring

Search this Thread

Old March 22nd, 2012, 3:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Silverado - Radio High pitch constant ring

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, but Im afraid I may have to wait for GM to come out with some sort of improvement once enough folks make enough complaints about it. ??

Last edited by Lump; April 27th, 2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old April 7th, 2012, 4:06 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2012 GMC Chevrolet high pitched noise.

I have a 2012 silverado crew cab . brand new off the lot on the way home at a stop light I picked up on a High decible noise, almost like one of those dog wistles. Very high pitched and peircing. I have tried for days to locate the source. It is coming from behind the dash. It is not a mechanical noise, malfunction, speaker noise, or anything like that. There is a sound!! so all these people telling you to get your ears checked are full of it! THERE IS AN ISSUE.
Old April 7th, 2012, 4:15 PM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

If it is brand new off the lot? Why not take it back and have it repaired under warranty? Why bother trying to figure it out yourself?
Old April 8th, 2012, 1:37 PM
CF Beginner

EXACT SAME THING HERE!! I just purchased a brand new 2012 GMC Sierra SLT and noticed the high pitch noise right away. It is constant and terribly irritating. Like Bigdave said its not mechanical or speaker noise but definitively electronic. Havent been to the dealer yet but I imagine they will tell me Im crazy
Old April 8th, 2012, 4:05 PM
CF Junior Member

they r under warrenty take em back
Old April 8th, 2012, 8:31 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a 99 and hear it I thought it was muffler so I cut it off hmmm wasn't that lol
Old April 9th, 2012, 8:38 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> There may be a ground wire issue with the radio. This is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis. I encourage you to have the vehicle inspected by your dealer.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old April 12th, 2012, 7:18 PM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Call Chevrolet customer service and tell them you are unhappy with the car and the service you are getting from the dealer. I have done this in the past and sometimes they do actually help. You can also try a different dealer.
Old April 14th, 2012, 2:18 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2012 silverado ringing dash noise

Hey guys, after reading some posts about this so-called ringing noise, I had to check it out for my self. Sure is a noise!!!! OMG it kills me. I have had the truck for 3 weeks I thought it was the CD player. I removed the CD and figured that would be that. ___ the noise is a high frequency pitch noise as one of the old time tube televisions or flourecent lighting. It from the radio or behind it. Next time your in the truck, turn off all the components, unplug your phone charger, sit idle in park with key out of the ignition. YOU WILL HEAR IT. Theres something going on with it. Now my wife tells me just drive with the radio on. Come on!!! i just paid 30k for this thing.
Old April 14th, 2012, 7:17 PM
CF Beginner

Default High Pitch "Contstant" Ring...!!!

I have the same problem and that is whey I signed-up for this forum page. Just bought a 2012 crewcab and the high pitch sound is constant...very annoying. Like the other poster, I can hear it even with the key out of the ingition and even with the radio on at low volume (if I listen for it). I like to go on long drives across the county and this will not be acceptable. I plan to contact my dealer to see what they say.

On another note- I live in Texas and bought a Texas edition. It has "TEXAS EDITION" badges above the "Silverado" badge on both side front doors and also on the tailgate. I want to remove them. My truck is black. Anyone know if these can be removed without having witness marks/ghosting left behind? I asked the dealership and they quoted $150 to remove them and stated there might be ghosting left behind. They did not know for sure. Probably just cover their a!@. Anyone do this and what were the results?

Hope to hear back.
Thank you.

Quick Reply: 2012 Silverado - Radio High pitch constant ring