Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

I need help with my Beloved 2002 Silverado ext cab. Starting Troubles...any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old January 2nd, 2009, 4:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help with my Beloved 2002 Silverado ext cab. Starting Troubles...any ideas?

I recently was driving my wife and I home from a concert on a very rainy evening here in California. my 02' Silverado which has been the most amazing truck I have ever owned, slid across 5 lanes of freeway. Thankfully, no other cars hit us that night, and we ended up on an embankment that was about 30 degrees. I have no idea how we were not injured at all, or how no one hit us, or how it couldve been much worse, but when they say LIKE A ROCK, they couldnt have said it better. The durability of this truck, took the impact, and we were unscathed.
Well, I hit the embankment, all mud and dirt, and was stuck. The tires were blown in the spinout. Upon catching our bearings, we tried to start the truck. The problem is, that when I turn it over, there is nothing but whining (fuel pump?) and on the gauge cluster, the only light that comes on is "service engine soon". The digital lights, such as PRND12 and the mileage, etc...all are black. They will however show up, when I hit the trip reset button, but once I let it go, it goes back to nothing. There is no turning over of the engine.
I am puzzled as to where to look first. I checked all fuses, and also looked under the truck to see if any fuel lines, etc. were jarred loose during the spin out, and embankment hit. We didnt hit the embankment that hard, it was all soft mud,..so it wasnt an impact that she couldnt withstand. I am thinking maybe the fuel pump? Not sure where to turn, this is the most special, dependable truck I have ever owned. I have over 100,000 miles, and this is the first problem I have ever had, and it was after this incident, not even her fault. I pride myself on doing as much work to this truck on my own as I can reasonably, and I picked up a Chiltons and a Haynes Manual to study tonite for ideas. Is there anyone out there, that could guide me with this? I would so much appreciate it, in these hard times, I have been hardly working, so any advice and help is so much appreciated. Thank you so very much! Here's hoping someone has some answers out there......