Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/)
-   -   I WANT fog lights on my 2006 LS Crew cab (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/i-want-fog-lights-my-2006-ls-crew-cab-52989/)

Christopher Krumholt September 11th, 2012 2:47 AM

I WANT fog lights on my 2006 LS Crew cab

I want fog lights on my truck is it possible? I have a 06 ls crew cab it dont have them..... Cant find much about anyone doing it before

grumpychevy September 11th, 2012 5:34 AM

It's easy. Buy fogs off of eBay-factory replacements. Go to advance auto and buy a fog light wiring harness with relay. Go to autozone and buy a small illuminated round toggle switch-to mount in factory location. Either cut the holes in the factory valance or purchase a new lower valance. Follow instructions in wiring kit and drill hole for switch. Total cost minus a new valance is about $100.

Christopher Krumholt September 12th, 2012 3:32 AM

I want the HID to match my headlights. So I can I but a SS valance that will fit? I did not know it was called that or Rey even had a light kit. Thank u

fastback4 September 12th, 2012 9:12 PM

Grumpychevy is right on the money. I autozoned my fog/running/hid kit for right at $100.00
I have a 07 1500 4 door

Christopher Krumholt September 13th, 2012 3:40 AM

Awesome. Im going to try that this weekend. I notice i have a fog light button inside to turn them on and off. thanks for the responces.

grumpychevy September 13th, 2012 5:27 AM

Double check that switch. If your truck didn't come from the factory with fogs, then it will not have the switch for them. What you see is more than likely the cargo light swith.

country_09 September 13th, 2012 10:42 AM

^ exactly. If it has a switch that's really fog lights, then it should be wired for it. All you'll need is the lenses and bulbs for it to work

Christopher Krumholt September 14th, 2012 3:32 AM

Thanks guys good looking out

MDTAHOE September 14th, 2012 7:14 AM

You can buy a factory add on kit from the dealer for around $250. It comes with everything, switch, wiring harness (looks like factory),lights and instructions. The fuse box usually is already pre- wired. When installed it will look like it came from the factory with fog lights.

Christopher Krumholt September 23rd, 2012 6:57 AM

Originally Posted by MDTAHOE (Post 226675)
You can buy a factory add on kit from the dealer for around $250. It comes with everything, switch, wiring harness (looks like factory),lights and instructions. The fuse box usually is already pre- wired. When installed it will look like it came from the factory with fog lights.

Does this come with the vallance also? I found a valance on carstuff.com they have it with 4 cutouts for 140 not to bad. Glad I found all this or I would not have known were to start looking.