Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Inside bell keeps dinging while driving

Old February 11th, 2012, 9:52 AM
  #1  
CF Beginner
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inside bell keeps dinging while driving

When I put my 1999 Silverado in drive and start driving the inside bell starts dinging. I will stop when I stop at a stop sign or red light. When I start driving it starts dinging. Anybody have any ideas? If not does anybody know where the bell is located?
Doug Wells 69 is offline  
Old February 11th, 2012, 10:33 AM
  #2  
CF Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 70
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Doug,

This bell may be connected to the seat belts. I don't know how to disable it. You may
want to check all of your seat belt sensors.

This may be a start.

Good luck,
skeeter5 is offline  
Old February 11th, 2012, 10:40 AM
  #3  
CF Beginner
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by skeeter5 View Post
Doug,

This bell may be connected to the seat belts. I don't know how to disable it. You may
want to check all of your seat belt sensors.

This may be a start.

Good luck,
Ill check it. Thanks.
Doug Wells 69 is offline  
Old February 12th, 2012, 10:27 PM
  #4  
CF Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 176
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

If you put something on the passenger seat it could activate the alarm if the belt isn't fastened. The seats have a switch that slides as the it is stretched from weight on the seat and turns the alarm on. Also it could be the switch is stuck on. The simpliest thing to try is fasten the belt on the passenger side and see if you still have a problem.
basilkies is offline  
Old February 13th, 2012, 6:00 AM
  #5  
CF Beginner
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by basilkies View Post
If you put something on the passenger seat it could activate the alarm if the belt isn't fastened. The seats have a switch that slides as the it is stretched from weight on the seat and turns the alarm on. Also it could be the switch is stuck on. The simpliest thing to try is fasten the belt on the passenger side and see if you still have a problem.
Thanks basilkies. Ill give it a try.
Doug Wells 69 is offline  
Old February 13th, 2012, 11:37 AM
  #6  
CF Active Member
 
slw210's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 189
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

It could be related to the brakes, or more acurately the sensor on the parking brake. I have bought 3 of them.
slw210 is offline  
Old February 18th, 2012, 6:43 AM
  #7  
CF Beginner
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

It ended up being the parking brake. I pulled on the release lever and the pedel didn't move. I lifted up on the pedel and it shut the bell off. Thanks to all that offered help.
Doug Wells 69 is offline  
Old June 1st, 2018, 2:38 PM
  #8  
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Yes! Thank you! I have a 2003 Silverado and that dang dinging was making me crazy! I thought it was the door close sensor (like it thought the door was open while driving), but I tore my door apart and couldn't find anything. I found something on YouTube talking about clipping the light green wire at the A1 position in the light blue C4 sensor under the dashboard and that didn't work (all that does is stop the dinging when the door is open and the key is on). So I googled and found this thread. I never would thought it was the stupid parking brake! Thanks again. I can have my sanity back!
Paul Gunderson is offline  
Old September 20th, 2018, 7:24 AM
  #9  
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally, relief!

Originally Posted by Paul Gunderson View Post
Yes! Thank you! I have a 2003 Silverado and that dang dinging was making me crazy! I thought it was the door close sensor (like it thought the door was open while driving), but I tore my door apart and couldn't find anything. I found something on YouTube talking about clipping the light green wire at the A1 position in the light blue C4 sensor under the dashboard and that didn't work (all that does is stop the dinging when the door is open and the key is on). So I googled and found this thread. I never would thought it was the stupid parking brake! Thanks again. I can have my sanity back!
I have been about to lose my ever loving mind for 3 weeks listening to constant dinging. I even stopped by Meineke & asked them to reset my codes thinking is had to do with a faulty ABS light thatís been on for years. I finally google & come upon this as my first thread. I pull the break release & my sanity was instantly restored! Next time I wonít be so dense as to wait 3 weeks before checking online! 🤪😁🙌🏼
mrwrightsmrs is offline  
Old March 19th, 2019, 11:44 AM
  #10  
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you, thank you, stupid parking brake!

Thank you guys so much! I was like Mr. Gunderson, tried everything and IT WAS THE PARKING BRAKE! DAMN! IT! HA HA. thanks again guys
Scotty Chaisson is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
ruley73
Equinox
3
April 22nd, 2016 8:41 PM
niceguy88
Uplander
7
July 21st, 2015 6:09 PM
lynchcrew
Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads
6
November 17th, 2012 7:34 PM
deryck909
Malibu
2
October 6th, 2010 2:22 PM
spadesgirl28
Tahoe & Suburban
4
March 13th, 2010 5:09 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Inside bell keeps dinging while driving


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: