Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

installing stereo in 94 chevy

Old May 8th, 2011, 9:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question installing stereo in 94 chevy

I want to put in an aftermarket radio in my 94 chevy 2500 (K2500). I want to put it where the casette player is. I searched the forums for a bit and google but I cant really find a detailed step-by-step process on how to replace the casette player. I know I have have to get a new faceplate or whatever you want to call it to replace the one thats on the casette player now. And I will have to get some adapters and whatnot. But I dont know exactly what to get or where to get it. Can someone help me out... I would like some detailed instructions in how to install a radio in my truck and can someone tell me where i can get the correct adapters for this. Thank you in advance

BTW...im looking at getting the Pioneer DEH-4300. I have 3 way pioneers in the dash but I know they would sound a heck of a lot better with a new radio. I want to replace the speakers in the back too, that shouldnt be too hard.
Old May 8th, 2011, 6:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This could be moved to the Audio/Visual Electronics forum, didnt notice that forum. Did some searching there and couldnt find anything either.