Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 10:03 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

instrument cluster problem

Old December 23rd, 2013, 7:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tekniq
I have an 01 Silverado 5.3l with about 60k on it. Came across a problem the other day with my instrument cluster. When I start the vehicle, the lights that display my gear selection dont light up and my battery light comes on in the display. I also noticed that my engine temp sensor isnt reading. Everything else works fine with the dash and lights on my truck. When i put the key in and turn it once, the gear selection lights up and everything seems fine its only when i turn it again and start. I checked the fuses and none seem to be blown. Any idea as to what this may be?[/align][/align]
I have this same issue. I sent my cluster off for rebuild and received back but same issue there. Not fixed. Any thoughts?
Old December 24th, 2013, 2:44 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tekniq
I have an 01 Silverado 5.3l with about 60k on it. Came across a problem the other day with my instrument cluster. When I start the vehicle, the lights that display my gear selection dont light up and my battery light comes on in the display. I also noticed that my engine temp sensor isnt reading. Everything else works fine with the dash and lights on my truck. When i put the key in and turn it once, the gear selection lights up and everything seems fine its only when i turn it again and start. I checked the fuses and none seem to be blown. Any idea as to what this may be?[/align][/align]
I am going to switch out the BCM (Body Control Module). Got one for 50.00 on ebay. Have the exact same symptoms, rebuilt the cluster, still a no-go. Hoping that we get some relief for this crap...
Old December 24th, 2013, 9:11 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2004 Silverado and my "voltage" gauge always is pegged to the far right whenever the truck is running. Every now and then my tachometer acts up slightly, but all the other dials, instruments and lights seem to be just fine.

If it doesn't get any worse, I'll live with it. If it does get worse, I suppose that I will have to get it fixed. If it is a 'recall' or safety issue, will GM still fix such a thing on a truck that is ten years old?
Old December 26th, 2013, 7:48 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Originally Posted by isalsbury
I have this same issue. I sent my cluster off for rebuild and received back but same issue there. Not fixed. Any thoughts?
Having same issue except I've lost wipers, 4x4 functions, and heater blower. I've been advised to check grounding issues with the truck.
Old December 26th, 2013, 7:56 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Oops....sorry. Wanted to cancel a post. No options for that.

Last edited by pinky315; December 26th, 2013 at 8:00 AM.
Old December 28th, 2013, 7:31 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2006 Chevy PU

Have a on going-intermitant red air bag light--any suggestions?
thanks,
chazz
Old January 17th, 2014, 1:31 PM
CF Beginner

I have the battery light stay on in the message board, odometer not working, gas gauge not working, temp. gauge not working, heater/ac blower not working. Replaced the ignition switch, new battery, new altenator, replaced cluster, replaced pcm. Checked and cleaned all grounds. Nothing solved the problem. It turned out to be the mega fuse under the hood for the ignition B.
Old January 17th, 2014, 2:34 PM
CF Beginner

Good post! I have a 2003 2500hd I bought a couple weeks ago and have the gear selector that comes and goes whenever it wants.

Last edited by yotekillr; January 17th, 2014 at 2:51 PM.
Old January 17th, 2014, 2:38 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the ground to the cluster.

Allan
Old February 11th, 2014, 1:28 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mgmag
I have the battery light stay on in the message board, odometer not working, gas gauge not working, temp. gauge not working, heater/ac blower not working. Replaced the ignition switch, new battery, new altenator, replaced cluster, replaced pcm. Checked and cleaned all grounds. Nothing solved the problem. It turned out to be the mega fuse under the hood for the ignition B.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. That fixed my exact same problem

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: instrument cluster problem