Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

K&N Air Filter 2006 Crew Cab 4.8

Search this Thread

Old September 23rd, 2012, 6:47 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking K&N Air Filter 2006 Crew Cab 4.8

The best 49$ ive spent. WHAT A HUGE NOTICABLE differance on acceleration and petal responce. Ive always felt like my truck was sluggish and a little boggy. It feels like it has life in it now. Im very much impressed. I was wanting a airraid or cool air intake by K&N but could not afford that. I would highly suggest the replacement. I wonder if I will notice a differance in MPG
Old September 23rd, 2012, 10:01 AM
CF Active Member

Wow, I have the full K&N CAI on mine and I can't tell one bit of difference other than the noise. Just goes too show that every vehicle has it's own personality. Glad to hear you got your money's worth.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 10:48 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by grumpychevy
Wow, I have the full K&N CAI on mine and I can't tell one bit of difference other than the noise. Just goes too show that every vehicle has it's own personality. Glad to hear you got your money's worth.
Well the filter that was on there before is about three times the size as the KnN air filter so just by looking at it I could tell that it's restricting flow big-time. I'll trade ya lol. I heard that CAI increases throttle response a bit because of the long pipe. I wonder if those tornadoes work that they use to show on tv
Old September 23rd, 2012, 1:20 PM
CF Active Member

Now just get the airraid tube and you'll be set. I see no performance gains or mileage gains from my CAI. Just makes alot of growling noise under moderate to heavy throttle. Possibly a difference if I changed my muffler but as a stand alone upgrade it was alot of wasted money.