Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/)
-   -   Keyless Start (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/keyless-start-51316/)

boritzer1234 June 21st, 2012 12:16 AM

Keyless Start

1 Attachment(s)
I have the keypad that is pictured below and I have the whole keyless entry and all but my question is does this keypad automatically mean that I may have keyless start? The truck is new to me and was definitely not something I asked about (completely slipped my mind). I have done a lot of reading about possibly being able to program this remote into my truck but I was just wondering if this is a possibility before I started digging. I have a 2007 silverado 1500 lt z71 crew cab. Please advise. Thanks!

ericnottelin June 21st, 2012 7:12 AM

Originally Posted by boritzer1234 (Post 219024)
I have the keypad that is pictured below and I have the whole keyless entry and all but my question is does this keypad automatically mean that I may have keyless start? The truck is new to me and was definitely not something I asked about (completely slipped my mind). I have done a lot of reading about possibly being able to program this remote into my truck but I was just wondering if this is a possibility before I started digging. I have a 2007 silverado 1500 lt z71 crew cab. Please advise. Thanks!

Sorry, I'm not sure if I understand your question. If your asking if your vehicle has remote start, they yes it would appear that you have remote start. To operate it, do the following with the remote: 1) press and release the lock button , 2) then press and hold the remote start button until the park lights flash and the vehicle will start.

This will allow your truck to run for 10 minutes. If you want to extend the 10 minutes, you can repeat the above process.

You will have to press the unlock button to enter the vehicle and place the key into the ignition and turn it on to drive the truck. If you start it and decide to turn it off, just push the remote start button again and it will shut off.

Now, this will only work twice until you turn the truck on with the key. IE, you can either remote start, turn off, and complete one additional remote start cycle between turning the truck on with the key OR you can do one 10 minute extension.

Hope this helps.

Eric

Chevrolet Customer Service June 21st, 2012 7:44 AM

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> boritzer1234,

Based on the remote, it appears that you have remote start. If you provide the last 8-digits of your VIN (PM me if you prefer), I can check if the remote start option is on your vehicle.

Louis
GM Customer Service

boritzer1234 June 21st, 2012 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service (Post 219067)
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> boritzer1234,

Based on the remote, it appears that you have remote start. If you provide the last 8-digits of your VIN (PM me if you prefer), I can check if the remote start option is on your vehicle.

Louis
GM Customer Service

PM Sent.