Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Leaking transmission fluid line on right side of transmission 94 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old April 17th, 2015, 6:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking transmission fluid line on right side of transmission 94 Silverado

Hello
Has anyone experienced the transmission lines leaking that go into the pass. side of tranny. Both drip while engine is running. Initially it looked as though the dipstick seal was leaking, but I have a visual now. I tried tightening them (not loose) and can't get them to loosen, either. I don't have flare nut wrenches yet, so I have backed off. I am wondering if they need teflon tape on the threads, if they have O-rings that may have failed, or if they are failed compression fittings. Any ideas or experience out there?. Thank you!
Old June 29th, 2016, 9:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Coravir
Hello
Has anyone experienced the transmission lines leaking that go into the pass. side of tranny. Both drip while engine is running. Initially it looked as though the dipstick seal was leaking, but I have a visual now. I tried tightening them (not loose) and can't get them to loosen, either. I don't have flare nut wrenches yet, so I have backed off. I am wondering if they need teflon tape on the threads, if they have O-rings that may have failed, or if they are failed compression fittings. Any ideas or experience out there?. Thank you!
go to Youtube.com and put your question in search bar.
Old October 26th, 2019, 3:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I did a lot of looking and turn out this car is prone to the transmission harness wire rubbing in the oil filter and grounding on the metal giving this issues. I looked at mine and there was a lot of missing plastic so we wrapped all the exposed wires in electric take then cleaned up all the connections on the wires made sure thye were pushed in good then cleared the code. So far its been a week I have drove the car over 100 miles and none of the issues have come back yet. It seem like electric issue to us with the kicking, cruise control not working the door now unlocking and the brake making a click sound when pressing the brake were all things we noticed. The tranny shop wont check these wires for you they will try to fix the tranny and that 650 just to open it up so give these wires a check first then clear the codes. Theres a vid on this on youtube lots of people having this same issue going to the tranny shop and not getting it resolved because its the wires.