Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/)
-   -   looking for a glasspack (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/looking-glasspack-46151/)

acer9876 October 25th, 2011 2:51 PM

looking for a glasspack

im looking for a glasspack thats not to loud. i want more of a low " wet " roar. any suggestions.?
5.7 vortec stock exhaust. im cutting it off behind the muffler, leaving the stock headers and cats. and runing duals out the back with the new glasspacks im looking for.
correct me if im wrong, but thats not really enough exhaust work to change hp or mpg right?

kevinkpk October 25th, 2011 3:20 PM

You might look at flowmasters. Anytime you less restrict the exhaust you will realize more HP. As far as emissions I dunno. If you have a state requirement for emissions, you might ask someone else as I don't have emissions here.

acer9876 October 25th, 2011 5:43 PM

thanks. ill check them out

country_09 October 25th, 2011 6:15 PM

Flowmasters restrict the exhaust out of any other aftermarket muffler I've ever seen...from what I've read only do duals with a x-pipe added in and don't go over 2.25"-2.5" pipin on it.

acer9876 October 25th, 2011 6:18 PM

im liking thrush the most right now

country_09 October 25th, 2011 6:18 PM

Thrush is the same as flowmaster..just a knock off. If you want a low deep rumble check out magnaflow

acer9876 October 25th, 2011 6:19 PM

i will have a crossover most likely

slw210 October 26th, 2011 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by country_09 (Post 195806)
Thrush is the same as flowmaster..just a knock off. If you want a low deep rumble check out magnaflow

Thrush is part of Walker, which also has Dynomax. Thrush and Flowmaster are restrictive, but Walker and Dynomax have the least restrictive exaust according to flow comparison and dyno comparison. Just Google "Least restrictive muffler" and "performance muffler" etc. you will come up with some good info. Magnalows are ok and sound great, but performance wise they are middle of the pack.

Check out Spin Tech mufflers, they are right at the top on flow and great sound.

Determine which mufflers you like for performance then search YouTube for sound clips.

country_09 October 26th, 2011 2:45 PM

Originally Posted by slw210 (Post 195875)
Thrush is part of Walker, which also has Dynomax. Thrush and Flowmaster are restrictive, but Walker and Dynomax have the least restrictive exaust according to flow comparison and dyno comparison. Just Google "Least restrictive muffler" and "performance muffler" etc. you will come up with some good info. Magnalows are ok and sound great, but performance wise they are middle of the pack.

Check out Spin Tech mufflers, they are right at the top on flow and great sound.

Determine which mufflers you like for performance then search YouTube for sound clips.

I was talkin about sound wise, they're basically the same, and so are the internals. A straight through design(magnaflow,dynomax bullet, glass pack, etc) will yield best results

Mille Racer 69 October 27th, 2011 8:11 PM

I disagree about the flowmasters being restricted.
Inside them are designs that create a negative pressure in turn pulling exhaust
Out of the pistons which will ultimatelly net you more horse power.
Glasspacks sound like crap to me.
They are just loud and raspy and arrogant.
My flowmasters are perfect.
If you want something that is just loud, go with true dual flowmaster 10 series.