Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

loud door chimes & turn signal indicator

Search this Thread

Old April 8th, 2010, 5:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having the exact same issue...

Added a 4 channel amp to power the speakers, stock head unit, using a Oem-1 off the back of the head unit I have F and R channel rca's back to amp...

can the dealer reprogram the radio to remove some of the volume on the chime?
Old October 4th, 2010, 5:38 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same problem loud Chimes and Turn Signals

I just installed a head unit in my truck from a 09 Arcidia AM/FM/NAV/DVD/XM/Hybird. I put it in a 2007 New Body style Chevy 1500 LTZ that had 6 disc CD/XM/AM/FM/onstar/with Bose it was a new unit so I did not get theft lock on the install. The install went good and I got it all working great...GPS Nav Tracking /Voice/AM/FM/XM/DVD/Onstar..But I do have loud chimes and turn signals and Voice speech for turn to turn...way way to loud,so what I understand is the wrong amp code is in my unit Y91. I took it to the dealer and after 2 hours they say it cant be done. I gave them the 2006 Monte Carlo LTZ work around to relearn the vin. which they said they did do. But I have my doubts ,I really don't think they did update the vin or the Hybird menu would go away.....I really need help in telling the dealer step by step in what to do. I did read somewhere their was a service bulletin on the Tech-2 programmer on how to move Nav unit to a different model ..but I cant find it now...Help
Old October 5th, 2010, 5:55 AM
CF Beginner

I hate to inform you guys but there is no re-program, you have installed the wrong head unit. You have to have head unit for either Bose or non Bose. I went through it , with a good friend being a GM Service Manager and looked into the re[programming and there are no alternatives but replace the unit. Somewhere inte beginning of this post I listed by part number all head units. Good Luck
Old October 5th, 2010, 7:01 PM
CF Beginner

Talking Wrong

Originally Posted by 40lenny
I hate to inform you guys but there is no re-program, you have installed the wrong head unit. You have to have head unit for either Bose or non Bose. I went through it , with a good friend being a GM Service Manager and looked into the re[programming and there are no alternatives but replace the unit. Somewhere inte beginning of this post I listed by part number all head units. Good Luck
I took my truck 2007 Chev LTZ to another dealer today and after 30min and 40.00 bucks they had my Nav working like a factory nav off the showroom floor.. The Chevy Logo is now working , the Chimes and turn signals are at a normal level and every feature is working great. I got the unit off of Ebay Item # 330461995691 I made a offer and got it much lower..It came with 7.3 Map Disc and Gps antenna...Schram Auto Parts...I am a happy camper now , Schram assured me it would work fine if I could find a dealer to follow the instructions that Schram provided to get it programed...
Old October 5th, 2010, 9:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

When I had my alarm installed at Suburban Audio Sound,(rather than paying the dealer 380$ for two new key remotes), they turned down the ear-splitting door chime.

I can now hear again and have also regained the ability to reproduce...
Old June 21st, 2011, 9:36 PM
CF Beginner

I bought a 08 Tahoe with a Pioneer Nav system in it and the turn signal and chime was super loud. I determined there was a speaker connected to the stereo by a harness, I unplugged the speaker and the stereo went out so I just took the cheap way out. I put some tape over the speaker and muffled the sound so it didn't cost me a penny to reduce the sound of the turn signal and chime.
Old January 5th, 2017, 6:10 PM
CF Beginner

Default Loud signals

Smickie think i installed the same radio have loud signals and backup cam not working what dealer did you go to id like to call them
Originally Posted by Smickie500
I took my truck 2007 Chev LTZ to another dealer today and after 30min and 40.00 bucks they had my Nav working like a factory nav off the showroom floor.. The Chevy Logo is now working , the Chimes and turn signals are at a normal level and every feature is working great. I got the unit off of Ebay Item # 330461995691 I made a offer and got it much lower..It came with 7.3 Map Disc and Gps antenna...Schram Auto Parts...I am a happy camper now , Schram assured me it would work fine if I could find a dealer to follow the instructions that Schram provided to get it programed...